User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Is it normal for the front stabilizers to deploy one at a time until it makes ground contact, then the other side deploys and makes ground contact, then both rise in unity to life the unit off hitch?
    Yes, both landing gears are pressurized simultaneously from a single fluid source, consequently, whichever gear has slightly less resistance will deploy first, once that landing gear hits the ground the other gear will begin to deploy. When both landing gears hit the ground the coach will begin to lift up. The same thing happens with the middle and rear stabilizers, all four stabilizers can come down simultaneously, or one at a time, it just depends on how much friction is in the individual stabilizer, in theory, if each stabilizer had the exact same amount of friction all four would lower (and raise) in unison.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Yes, both landing gears are pressurized simultaneously from a single fluid source, consequently, whichever gear has slightly less resistance will deploy first, once that landing gear hits the ground the other gear will begin to deploy. When both landing gears hit the ground the coach will begin to lift up. The same thing happens with the middle and rear stabilizers, all four stabilizers can come down simultaneously, or one at a time, it just depends on how much friction is in the individual stabilizer, in theory, if each stabilizer had the exact same amount of friction all four would lower (and raise) in unison.
    I wrote almost this exact same response, then deleted it. I think you are correct, but the the question came: How does auto-level work? I mean, I've watched it work. In auto level mode you get what appears to be independent action from each leg. I'm not in any way arguing what you are saying, as this is how I understand it as well (from owners manuals), but still don't understand how auto- level works if this is correct?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Is it normal for the front stabilizers to deploy one at a time until it makes ground contact, then the other side deploys and makes ground contact, then both rise in unity to life the unit off hitch?
    That is the way they are designed/plumbed to work. The hydraulic line from the pump/solenoid goes to the curbside front landing gear first and the line then continues on to the street side landing gear. Since the curbside hydraulic cylinder is "first in line" for the pressurized hydraulic fluid, that landing gear starts moving first. Keep in mind though that some hydraulic fluid is still continuing on to the street side hydraulic cylinder, the path of least resistance is the first point that the line goes to...the curbside cylinder. Once that cylinder touches down on the ground, the hydraulic fluid has less resistance going to the street side cylinder....and it starts to extend. Once it contacts the ground, the pressure in the hydraulic system is basically equalized and the fluid will then flow equally to both the curbside and the street side cylinders and raise the front of the trailer. I hope I explained that well enough that you are following what I meant to say. LOL!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    I wrote almost this exact same response, then deleted it. I think you are correct, but the the question came: How does auto-level work? I mean, I've watched it work. In auto level mode you get what appears to be independent action from each leg. I'm not in any way arguing what you are saying, as this is how I understand it as well (from owners manuals), but still don't understand how auto- level works if this is correct?
    While what I wrote is correct when first deploying the Landing Gear and Stabilizers, there are solenoids in the system that meter out the Hydraulic pressure once the legs have hit the ground. The solenoids work in unison to lift up the left or right side of the coach, or simultaneously lift the front of the coach while lowering the rear of the coach. Physically, there is a control box mounted in the top of the front hold that contains an accelerometer that senses the movement of the coach as it is Auto Leveling.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 12-28-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well explained, thanks all!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234