User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterization in the South

We recently purchased and picked up our new 303RLS. We have been out once and had a great time. We are hoping and planning to continue to go out throughout the winter. We live in Alabama and plan to stay in the southeast (mostly) on our trips this winter. We will have a few cold spells I am sure where temps will dip below freezing temps for a few nights. Do I need to (have to) winterize the unit in between trips? Can I use the fireplace (heater) to keep the unit warm when it does dip down below freezing?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also live in Alabama and to be safe we have always winterized between uses when temps drop below freezing. Antifreeze is inexpensive and the process doesn't take long. The fireplace would help but my fear is the water lines under the camper may not get enough heat from just the fireplace.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your fireplace does not heat the belly area and hoses, just living space and cabinets if you leave doors open..
    For $10 bucks and 1 hour of your time it’s not worth a line breaking. You could consider blowing out the lines with many of us do.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. Still being things seem much bigger in my mind until I actually do them. I am sure winterizing is not nearly as big a deal as I have made it out to be.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are about to get to freezing at night next week (28-30) but 50s and 40s during the day and still have one trip planned before fully winterizing. I'm looking to blow out the lines, drain the hot water heater & low points and put antifreeze in the p traps and toilet seal. Then after the last trip redo this and add antifreeze to the lines.

Anything I'm missing with this?
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500