Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: North Carolina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Carolina

Looking to move to Charlotte, NC from Colorado. May need to reside in camper a couple months prior to finding a home. Any recommendations? Also overall hows the camping in NC/East coast?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, don't move into Charlotte proper. Move into one of the adjoining counties. Lower taxes and more home for the money. Plenty of camping places in nearby areas. State parks and private owned camp grounds, i.e.Good Sams or KOA.
    Camping in NC is great. Mountains, beach, lakes or streams, you've got it all in NC.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we go there we stay at Carowinds Camp Wilderness. It is part of Carowinds theme park.

Nice place, flat, large sites, easy in/out, nice location, quiet (occasional overhead airlines as it is near airport but they don't fly at night - or I don't hear them.

We were there last when our son & DIL moved from Denver to the Charlotte area. They ended up in a new house in Indian Land on 521 just south of Charlotte, so they are in S Carolina (and enjoying a lower tax base and infrastructure that supports all the new growth there).

If you need a good realtor in that area let me know. Their's was fantastic - high energy, very knowledgeable. I also know of one to avoid if looking on the north side of Charlotte.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, thats exactly where I live. Indian Land is great, however, the explosive growth in the area is taking its toll on the roads and the ability to get anywhere quickly. Fort Mill is also nice, but expensive, and has nice schools. There is a Cabela's right next to the Carowinds Park if you want to do some outdoor shopping too.
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab 4x4
    Blue Ox 5th wheel goose ball hitch/B&W turnover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all are so wonderful! Thank you for the info. My work is north of Charlotte in Mooresville. I think a commute to Indian land is an hr 1 way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll also be able to enjoy the MANY great State Parks in South Carolina. If you like camping near the beach, SC will be a great option for you. NC beach camping is better for the Overland guys. But NC has great mountain and lake camping for sure!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You all are so wonderful! Thank you for the info. My work is north of Charlotte in Mooresville. I think a commute to Indian land is an hr 1 way.
    Ok you might want to look at a couple of campgrounds near Mooresville. Crosscountry, Wildlife Woods and
    Lake Norman Motor Coach are three off Rt 150 about 15 miles from Mooresville. You won’t be fighting traffic coming up from Carowinds on I-77(which is a bear). Although I’ve never stayed at any of these, I drive by them often and they look well kept up.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW