User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 29RS in August, I was surprised how heavy the 50Amp power cord was. I purchased the power cord reel from MORrhyde.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORryde Reel56-001H Easy Reel.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	30624

This was a lifesaver for me. I installed it here:

Name:	20200902_182744.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	30625

It was not cheap but it works great and saves my back as well.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    When we bought our 29RS in August, I was surprised how heavy the 50Amp power cord was. I purchased the power cord reel from MORrhyde.

Name:	MORryde Reel56-001H Easy Reel.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	30624

This was a lifesaver for me. I installed it here:

Name:	20200902_182744.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	30625

It was not cheap but it works great and saves my back as well.
    I purchased one of these and mounted it to the floor in the pass through. Easily holds the 50 amp cord.

https://www.harborfreight.com/100-ft...eel-63861.html
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Yes, I thought so too. We currently use the largest LL Bean heavy canvas tote to store the cords (only 30a, so not too bad). But it’s on top of the levelers and blocks you want as soon as you get to your site. So one of my winter chores is to prep a tote for this. There’s no reason it couldn’t travel on the throw rug right inside the entry door-out of the way til needed. Every year, the Bean bag needs a good scrub-not easy to do, and it takes FOREVER to dry. When we’re at home, we use both cords to get electricity, and the plastic tote will be easier to clean.
    We almost always travel with the power cord just inside the door, it is much easier than trying to wind it up tightly to stow in the basement. If it is wet a wipe with an already dirty towel takes care of it. Been doing that ever since the Travel Trailer we had b4 the 303.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and then there is me.... always bucking the trend.... I just cut away and put in the electric reel.... I had one before for years and never had an issue.... I just didn't want to take up space storing that heavy, wet, dirty cord all the time..... what a rebel.... and a lazy one at that.....

you can see it here.....

Doesn't GD offer this option now on some models?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was a good idea at first but quickly found out it was a big pain so removed it and put it on a welding rig. 👍🏻

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an X Electrician here in Australia we were taught not to use a coiled leed as they heat up and have caused fires. Seen many burnt out, yes we use 240 volts over here but cannot see little difference to 110 V other than cable size to carry extra current.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We mounted two 'metal" hose holders, like you would mount on you house, in the basement. They can hold our 25 ft 50 amp, the 15 ft 50 amp, the 30 amp adapter cable, and the 60 ft #8 30 amp cable. Its tight, but they stay while traveling.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCAAFD View Post
    GD has a power cord reel but you have to take off the cord and plug it into the coach. Why did they not have it so you can leave it on the reel and only take off what you need? Any thoughts

KC
    In your storage basement is a red key put that in the hole in the wall and turn it. This provides battery power to your power reel and it will work without being plugged in.

I also learned this the hard way.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiegreg View Post
    As an X Electrician here in Australia we were taught not to use a coiled leed as they heat up and have caused fires. Seen many burnt out, yes we use 240 volts over here but cannot see little difference to 110 V other than cable size to carry extra current.
    I was taught the same thing here in the states back when we had a large boat. We store all electrical parts and the cables in a wheeled tote, but the entire cable comes out and gets laid out before connecting.

Since our basement storage is limited in the 399, we've maximized the use of totes for efficient stacking in the basement. One each for camping gear, electrical, fresh water, black water, etc. We're still left with adequate space for those items that don't lend themselves to tote storage, and have much less clutter.

All I have left to do is install a protective cover over the battery disconnect switch so it doesn't get snapped off by a load shift caused by sudden hard braking.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiegreg View Post
    The Grand Design manual for our 2020 (without a cord reel) says not to use the cord in a coiled position. I believe it is for this same heat risk. I had some melting issues with my 30-amp TT, and I live where both AC's get a lot of work in the summer. So I want to be as safe as practical. I lay the extra cord out adjacent to our unit, where the kitchen slide will be over it. So it isn't in the way and doesn't get overly dirty.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast