User Tag List

Fireside Member KIMandALLEN1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

351m Garage Heat?

We have a 2021 351M. We have been very happy with the unit so far and have enjoyed over forty nights of use so far this season. That being said, this weekend was the first really cold weather we've experienced with lows just under freezing. I turned on the tank heat pads and between the gas furnace and the fireplace, the main body and bedroom stayed very comfortable. However, the garage was very, very cold. I guess I didn't notice when we bought the unit, but I don't think there are any heater vents in the garage or in the 1/2 bath in the garage. I thought maybe the 3rd a/c was also a heat pump, but apparently not. The control panel provides an option to set the garage heat on/off and the temperature. What is the point if there is no heat source back there? Also, how is the 1/2 bath water ok with no heat? I wound up placing a small space heater back there on low and it kept everything comfortable, but it seems like this should be a inherent function of the RV. Is there something wrong with my 351M? Do your units have heat in the garage?

Thanks.
    AP
    2022 Chevrolet 3500hd LTZ drw
    2023 GD Momentum 397THS-R (FBP!)
    2021 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The furnace heat outlet into the garage is a half dozen 1" holes in the black diamond plate trim under the 1/2 bath door.
    That being said it's a long way from the furnace and it doesn't get a lot of heat back there, leaving the door into the garage open allows more heat to get back there.

And no heat vent in the 1/2 bath, if it's really cold I would leave the 1/2 bath door open and maybe the vanity cabinet door open also.
    Or a small space heater in there
    Last edited by DarylB; 11-01-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got a little electric heater (like $12 at walmart) for the half bath of my 320G. We also have an oil filled electric heater for the garage which helped tremendously when temps were below freezing. There is only 1 heat vent, and as stated above, it's the end of the run and not very useful.