User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the entire owners manual

Embarrassing story from this weekend. We were at a RV Park that had cable. So we hooked up the cable and noticed it was very fuzzy and grainy. Not a clear picture at all. This happened at the last campsite we were at that had cable. So game on, I'm going to troubleshoot this and get it fixed. How many of you already know what the problem is?

So I started by checking the actual cable from the park with a small tele we have. Connected it directly to the park cable box and very clear picture. So it's not the parks cable. I start by taking out the wall plate in the pass through and check to be sure the coax is tight. I tightened it a bit but no change in picture quality. I remove the Jenson head unit to look in the back at coax connections and see the very complicated Booster thing. That was a surprise. Tightened a few coax connections there that were NOT tight. Then I see the red button. Push it and voila cable is clear! In my defense, or not, in the 2970RL the coax plate is mounted on the side of the cubby below the TV. The coax cable actually covers up the red button that is on the backside of the coax connection. So it was hidden, and that's what I'm going with as my excuse for temporary stupidity.

Moral of the story is . . .
    1) Always read the ENTIRE owners manual,
    2) Don't skip the parts that seem too simple and you think you already know it.

Yes the information about turning off the antenna booster when connected to Cable is in the Owners Manual. I am very familiar with my TTs antenna and cable system now. You probably should check to be sure all your coax connections are tight. Several of mine were not.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the entire owners manual

Doesn’t always help. My owners manual has instructions for troubleshooting the Schwintek slide controller, but my RV has a Lippert slide. Owners manual is chocked full of generic info but little info specific to our model. Pretty much have to go to build sheet in owners package and then google the manufacturer to get helpful info.

Added on edit. Didn’t realize Schwintek is from Lippert. Just another level of confusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chewwi; 11-02-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing is I know about the Red button and half the time forget to switch it back after running the radio at one campground. Then new campground scan for channels, no channels. Oops forgot to hit the button. :-)
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My plate (button) is mounted on the inside of the space where my TV retracts into the cabinetry. I have to reach into the space inside where the TV retracts to press it. Hard to reach and see.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experience is the best teacher.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Experience is the best teacher.
    Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you expect. Lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    My plate (button) is mounted on the inside of the space where my TV retracts into the cabinetry. I have to reach into the space inside where the TV retracts to press it. Hard to reach and see.
    Which makes more sense than where ours is located. In the bedroom ceiling. Nowhere near the TV in the living room.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Which makes more sense than where ours is located. In the bedroom ceiling. Nowhere near the TV in the living room.
    I am guessing they are going to place it where ever it takes the least amount of coax cable considering all the cables run to the circuit board on the back of that wall plate.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas