User Tag List

Thread: New 2021 303rls

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 303rls

Love the new 5th wheel. I was considering an Arctic Fox but made several attempts to get info from a live person at the factory with no return calls etc. Called Grand Design and the help was immediate. My choice was made. Glad to be here.
    After an eight hundred mile shakedown I did find some issues on the minus side but the pluses far outweigh these.
    The antenna amplifier will not work so no air tv channels are available.
    The water pump runs but doesn't pump water.
    some water dribble from galley sink underway. Maybe a 1/4 cup.
    Here's a weird one: Tack heads in bedroom carpet are standing up proud enough to actually be painful in bare feet. we are talking many of these. I suspect a nail gun was used but at low pressure. I haven't had time to see about pounding them down yet. This won't be as easy as it sounds 'cause they show up when stepping on them not just with hand pressure.
    Last but not least; I do not have a leveling control pad as shown in the GD owner's manual (3.0). I have a One Control touch pad for leveling and lights and awnings etc. in the basement and a simple touchpad for leveling on the panel below the hitch. It works but just confusing why it's not in the manual.
    I am confident these will get sorted out out and love the coach. The layout is perfect with access to the WR and 1/2 of the fridge without extending the slide was important to us. also found out that my wife can actually get to the table if the kitchen slide is out only 8 " or so. Love the bench ottoman and the fact that it fits between the slides when underway. Really couldn't be happier overall.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congratulations on your new 303. Interesting that these items (maybe not the carpet) were not found and addressed during your PDI. The move to more electronics and apps is what the generations younger than we baby boomers want and expect.

Enjoy your new 303 and have fun out there !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too have always loved our 2016 303rls but, it was used when we got it. Luckily the previous owner had worked out a couple of small problems so we really haven't had anything in the 4 years we have had it. Love the lay out and the on the road travel access to kitchen for sandwiches while traveling and great bathroom access on the road. Could not be happier. Ours heats and cools so easy too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 303rls

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Love the new 5th wheel. I was considering an Arctic Fox but made several attempts to get info from a live person at the factory with no return calls etc. Called Grand Design and the help was immediate. My choice was made. Glad to be here.
    After an eight hundred mile shakedown I did find some issues on the minus side but the pluses far outweigh these.
    Here's a weird one: Tack heads in bedroom carpet are standing up proud enough to actually be painful in bare feet. we are talking many of these. I suspect a nail gun was used but at low pressure. I haven't had time to see about pounding them down yet. This won't be as easy as it sounds 'cause they show up when stepping on them not just with hand pressure.
    Last but not least; I do not have a leveling control pad as shown in the GD owner's manual (3.0). I have a One Control touch pad for leveling and lights and awnings etc. in the basement and a simple touchpad for leveling on the panel below the hitch. It works but just confusing why it's not in the manual.
    I am confident these will get sorted out out and love the coach. The layout is perfect with access to the WR and 1/2 of the fridge without extending the slide was important to us. also found out that my wife can actually get to the table if the kitchen slide is out only 8 " or so. Love the bench ottoman and the fact that it fits between the slides when underway. Really couldn't be happier overall.
    I picked up our 303 in late September, same dribble from the sink, but not consistently... same tack problem in the bedroom carpet, right where you step from the bathroom into the bedroom.

My PDI demonstration on the touch pad was very through, so I had a good understanding of how to use it. I just wish the touch pad in the basement was on a 10’ tether... someone on this forum has done exactly that. The touchscreen in the basement is mounted in a terrible spot, especially if you are over 5’ tall. I’m going to copy the tether idea in case the phone connect doesn’t work. The App is okay, but I expected better, it does not resize correctly if you rotate the phone while using it. It’s not very intuitive.

Overall, the trailer is very good, but the quality of materials and workmanship is not where it should/could be at the price point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SabreDriver; 11-03-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours has exactly the same issues you have. The sink dribble seems to come from the bend in the faucet. I run the water out from the bathroom sink and then open the kitchen faucet to suck air in...no more dribble.

I habe yet to tackle the carpet though...its on the to do list.

The controller seems to be a mid year upgrade to the leveling system and the full manual is on the lippert site and i believe I have attached it here.

Another thing i am doing is making and installing button covers for the recliner buttons.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccd_0001519.pdf 
Views:	85 
Size:	9.50 MB 
ID:	30546

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 cc 4x4 6.4l gas short bed
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...found out that my wife can actually get to the table if the kitchen slide is out only 8 " or so...
    Just as info, I’ve heard that the floor may not be strong enough to support walking on unless it is fully extended. We try not to walk on it unless it is fully out. When we arrive and are getting ready to extend the slides, my wife brings the curb side out about 10”, then walks on the solid main floor to go back and ensure that neither of the lower cabinet doors (beside the couch) have popped open. Then she comes back forward and completes the extend. We’ve never had an issue with a door coming open, but it only takes once to ruin your day. She also takes a good look at the door and drawer beside the fridge, before she extends that slide. We did have that drawer come open one time.

I hope that you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours in the two years that we’ve had it. We just put the final touches on an eight-week trip that will start mid-April and take us about 2500 miles.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the issue you are having with the antenna have you pushed the small button that turns the antenna on and off? I have the same model year and my cable only works if the antenna button is off and the air channels do not work unless it is on. My button is located in the living room behind the tv on the switch plate. There is a little red light when it is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a brand new 303 as well. I found the correct manual for the leveling system because I had to reset the zero point for the leveling system. It probably wasn’t set at the factory so the trailer wasn’t actually level after completing the auto leveling process. I also discovered that the smart phone app they provide called compass can do pretty much everything the touch pad in the basement can do. That touch pad is just an android tablet with a version of the same software preinstalled on it. The phone app is amazing and makes it so easy do control the trailer.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Welcome to the forum.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army