Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297RSTS Outside Water Port Question

Hi All,

Have a new 2021 Reflection 297 RSTS Trailer. Love it. I am winterizing it and have one question. On the back of the trailer towards the bottom is a round black access plate to what looks like a Quick Connect water port similar to the one on the Nautilus P1 Panel. But there are no valves, etc.

Question: Is this an outside water port? And if so how do you winterize. Nothing whatsoever in the Manual. What would you use it for and how?

Help!

Thanks, Mauiboy
    2020 F250 6.7L Diesel Crewcab
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is one of those quick connects, you would connect your quick connect hose, align the Nautilus system for winterizing and allow water to flow out of that hose until you see antifreeze coming out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauiboy View Post
    Hi All,

Have a new 2021 Reflection 297 RSTS Trailer. Love it. I am winterizing it and have one question. On the back of the trailer towards the bottom is a round black access plate to what looks like a Quick Connect water port similar to the one on the Nautilus P1 Panel. But there are no valves, etc.

Question: Is this an outside water port? And if so how do you winterize. Nothing whatsoever in the Manual. What would you use it for and how?

Help!

Thanks, Mauiboy
    I have a 297RSTS as well and this is the outside water port. It is not valved or anything. As soon as you push in the blue coil hose quick connect the water will flow.

To winterize I hook up the blue coil hose while I am blowing out the water with air and disconnect once no more water comes out. Once all of the other faucets and low point drains have been blown out I pump antifreeze into the trailer per the manual and valve settings on the nautilus panel. I again connect the blue coil hose to the back outside water port and flush until pink antifreeze comes out.

Also remember to flush the black tank flush with antifreeze as well.

Any other questions just ask me or anyone else on the forum.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,

That makes sense. Just a cold water outside port. I will winterize it today.

Mauiboy
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have information on my own question. This port on the back of my 297RSTS information can be found at this link:

https://www.recpro.com/rv-exterior-s...-up-connector/

It is in fact a water port connector for all kinds of uses. When winterizing, consider it like any other valve by hooking up the blue hose and opening it up until it is pink.

Have fun

Mauiboy
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS