User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm not talking anything ancient. We use one of these (also not a high-dollar item):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...asket/53056868

Rob
    The price is sure right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm not talking anything ancient. We use one of these (also not a high-dollar item):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...asket/53056868

Rob
    We use this French press thermos and grind fresh every day. Makes a HUGE difference in quality and tast

https://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Vacuu...ag=googhydr-20
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I've read some posts that have said solar will keep the residential refrig going while driving. Generator gives you coffee in the AM. So, has anyone ordered both? I get it, $5500 buys a lot of coffee. Ordering in 2-3 months and I think we've agreed on the floor plan.

Not full-time. Month long visit out west and for me I wouldn't necessarily stay overnight at an RV hookup while in transit unless there was something specific we wanted to see. Family tells me there are some nice boondocking opportunities in Idaho which we would like to explore.

A couple of weeks in FL and a month in NC.

A nice trip to TX, AZ, CO where we took the 5 kids on an 8500 mile journey in the TT in the late 90's but didn't get a chance to really explore since I had the TV and had to work.

Dakotas to visit relatives in a family reunion and visit to friends in Ontario.

Part time work from wherever.

Home to northeast in between. So a mixed bag of use.
    I ordered at purchase the 300W Solar (Jaboni) and 5500 Onan Gen when I purchased my 2020 Solitude. I did this as a "precaution move" and was not an expert in either one or RVing. One year FT and I can say I really like the 300W solar as I know I have charge going to the batteries at all time (needed). To be honest I have not used my Onan Gen. because I don't boondock. I thought I would be boondocking but so far no go. I do love the idea though that if I'm in a power loss situation in an RV park or road emergency, I have the generator as long as I have propane. I have been in RV parks with short term power losses, so it could happen.

Bottom line It is a personal preference, your RVing plans and last but certainly not least a financial ability decision.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12