User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone purchased factory solar and generator?

I've read some posts that have said solar will keep the residential refrig going while driving. Generator gives you coffee in the AM. So, has anyone ordered both? I get it, $5500 buys a lot of coffee. Ordering in 2-3 months and I think we've agreed on the floor plan.

Not full-time. Month long visit out west and for me I wouldn't necessarily stay overnight at an RV hookup while in transit unless there was something specific we wanted to see. Family tells me there are some nice boondocking opportunities in Idaho which we would like to explore.

A couple of weeks in FL and a month in NC.

A nice trip to TX, AZ, CO where we took the 5 kids on an 8500 mile journey in the TT in the late 90's but didn't get a chance to really explore since I had the TV and had to work.

Dakotas to visit relatives in a family reunion and visit to friends in Ontario.

Part time work from wherever.

Home to northeast in between. So a mixed bag of use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I've read some posts that have said solar will keep the residential refrig going while driving. Generator gives you coffee in the AM. So, has anyone ordered both? I get it, $5500 buys a lot of coffee. Ordering in 2-3 months and I think we've agreed on the floor plan.

Not full-time. Month long visit out west and for me I wouldn't necessarily stay overnight at an RV hookup while in transit unless there was something specific we wanted to see. Family tells me there are some nice boondocking opportunities in Idaho which we would like to explore.

A couple of weeks in FL and a month in NC.

A nice trip to TX, AZ, CO where we took the 5 kids on an 8500 mile journey in the TT in the late 90's but didn't get a chance to really explore since I had the TV and had to work.

Dakotas to visit relatives in a family reunion and visit to friends in Ontario.

Part time work from wherever.

Home to northeast in between. So a mixed bag of use.
    We added solar, 4 batteries, and an invertor to our current motorhome( 310GK on order) primarily so that we wouldn't have to run the generator to make coffee. A 2K invertor will make coffee and power some appliances and outlets for a time, but it will not run the a/c, so you'll need the generator if you want to run a/c while not hooked up.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by priceranch View Post
    We added solar, 4 batteries, and an invertor to our current motorhome( 310GK on order) primarily so that we wouldn't have to run the generator to make coffee. A 2K invertor will make coffee and power some appliances and outlets for a time, but it will not run the a/c, so you'll need the generator if you want to run a/c while not hooked up.
    Are you getting that with the factory solar or design your own? 4 LiFePO4s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you getting that with the factory solar or design your own? 4 LiFePO4s?
    This was on our motorhome that we just sold. It had 4 wet 6V batteries. We ordered the new coach with the factory 300W solar and I will add 2 BB batteries to start and see if that will be enough. The system on the motorhome was installed by a friend who does RV installs as a hobby and we'll probably add another panel to the new coach.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered with the residential fridge, factory solar (two BB LiFePO4 batteries), but no generator. If push comes to shove, we heat water on the stove and pour it through our drip coffee maker. I don't know what it costs making coffee that way, but it's less than $5,500...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up Momentum 31G last month. We do a lot of boondocking so we opted for the generator and solar package. I have one Battleborn battery installed and have second I need to figure out mounting since they won’t fit in stock location. We don’t need to run the generator very often unless we want microwave or kids want to play video games for an extended time. We are in AZ, so plenty of sun keeps are battery at 2/3rds, if not full if we are not running appliances. Our last trailer we had a Yamaha 2K and I was tired of lugging it around. A few times we didn’t bring it since we were park camping with hookups. Power went out and we were stuck with no way of charging our batteries or running AC, etc. So I am glad we opted for both options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We ordered with the residential fridge, factory solar (two BB LiFePO4 batteries), but no generator. If push comes to shove, we heat water on the stove and pour it through our drip coffee maker. I don't know what it costs making coffee that way, but it's less than $5,500...

Rob
    Smack! I might even have a couple in the garage sale box in the basement. Sheesh I'm old enough to remember having my coffee everyday in one of those.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smack! I might even have a couple in the garage sale box in the basement. Sheesh I'm old enough to remember having my coffee everyday in one of those.
    I'm not talking anything ancient. We use one of these (also not a high-dollar item):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...asket/53056868

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a real throwback . When Ele isn't available we use one of these..still makes the best coffee!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	revereware percolator.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	31284
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a French press when not connect to shore power. When connected we use the Keurig Slim. DW like flavoured coffee, I like it bold so pod coffee works out for us.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BodumJavaBlkFrenchPressSHS18.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	31285

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast