User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Do I need to upgrade?

I have a 2007.5 Chevy 2500 HD with the Duramax and Allison combination. The truck is Crew Cab and short bed 4x4 Z71 off road. I put Bilstein shocks under it about 10 years ago/70K miles ago and leveled the front end out. I am going to be pulling a 2021 Reflection 297rsts that shows a tongue weight of 824lbs with dry weight of just over 8000. I am getting the Blue Ox 1500 stabilizer anti sway hitch.

Will I need to upgrade my leaf springs or get air bags to handle this rig? Most of my trips will be to the mountains of NC and Virginia.
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab 4x4
    Blue Ox 5th wheel goose ball hitch/B&W turnover

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have more than enough truck to pull that and with the blue ox it will level out the trailer rather nicely for you. If you wanted to have a more stable ride with less bouncing then air bags would be the way to go. I have a Silverado 2500 z71 and put on air lift bags with an onboard compressor. It really helped keep the front end of the truck down and level.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #1BamaFan View Post
    I have a 2007.5 Chevy 2500 HD with the Duramax and Allison combination. The truck is Crew Cab and short bed 4x4 Z71 off road. I put Bilstein shocks under it about 10 years ago/70K miles ago and leveled the front end out. I am going to be pulling a 2021 Reflection 297rsts that shows a tongue weight of 824lbs with dry weight of just over 8000. I am getting the Blue Ox 1500 stabilizer anti sway hitch.

Will I need to upgrade my leaf springs or get air bags to handle this rig? Most of my trips will be to the mountains of NC and Virginia.
    I think you have plenty of truck to pull this trailer. I pulled our 297RSTS with a 2009 Tundra for nearly 7000 miles with a Reese Straightline setup with 1500 lb bars and didn't need airbags or anything else and it towed just fine. Hook up, fine tune the WDH and enjoy the camping.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada