User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiet drill for stabilizers / Black Friday RV tools

Taking advice from this forum I use my Milwaukee screw gun to extend and retract my stabilizers on our Imagine 2670 and it beats the heck out of using the old style tool that came with the trailer. While my screw gun works great it is also damn noisy and when retracting the stabilizers the hammer mode kicks in and it is really noisy and not neighbor friendly. I have an older Dewalt cordless drill that is quiet but heavy for the wife to use and the clutch isn't user friendly and if not adjusted right with twist your wrist off. With the Black Friday sales coming up I plan on buying a new cordless drill and welcome suggestions on cordless drills that others use and are quiet and light.

Also, any suggestions on RV items to buy on Black Friday. I plan on looking for a socket set to add to my traveling tools and a small ladder.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our last trailer we bought B&D (14volt?) at Walmart it did not seem to be too noisy.
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For as long as the drill operates to extend stabilizers (x4), I wouldn't think noise to be a big consideration. Mine stablizers literally come down in 1-2 secs. I choose to have an 18V system (in my case Ryobi) which can power my drill, air inflator, leaf blower, etc. That way one large battery can service all my power tools.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a two speed makita lxt. 1st gear is perfect for stabilizers and zipping bolts/nuts on and off.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstchilln View Post
    Taking advice from this forum I use my Milwaukee screw gun to extend and retract my stabilizers on our Imagine 2670 and it beats the heck out of using the old style tool that came with the trailer. While my screw gun works great it is also damn noisy and when retracting the stabilizers the hammer mode kicks in and it is really noisy and not neighbor friendly. I have an older Dewalt cordless drill that is quiet but heavy for the wife to use and the clutch isn't user friendly and if not adjusted right with twist your wrist off. With the Black Friday sales coming up I plan on buying a new cordless drill and welcome suggestions on cordless drills that others use and are quiet and light.

Also, any suggestions on RV items to buy on Black Friday. I plan on looking for a socket set to add to my traveling tools and a small ladder.
    If you set the selection ring on your drill to only drilling, the hammer mode should not kick in. I have an 18V Makita drill driver and in drill mode it is very quiet. Home depot usually has a display of then for you to test.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Milwaukee M12 fuel drill and set the clutch to 12. Super light and quiet. I use the drill not the impact.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have since got the m12 tire inflator, small light and powerful. Whish they had a blower in the m12 line.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Black Friday deals, only you can decide. Do you have a good tpms? Cell booster, wifi booster, generator, solar, bb batteries, Pellet bbq, tablet....
    Wait a minute, that's my list. Lol

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 20V Dewalt two speed drill. Adjusting the clutch to keep the torque from twisting your hand off is very easy. It is a great tool. With the Dewalt 20V system there are many tools available. When I travel I take the drill, impact driver, blower, vacuum, and brad nailer. I suspect Makita and Milwaukee have similar solutions.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    As for Black Friday deals, only you can decide. Do you have a good tpms? Cell booster, wifi booster, generator, solar, bb batteries, Pellet bbq, tablet....
    Wait a minute, that's my list. Lol

First on your list should be a portable pellet smoker. Amazing meals at camp. Just my $0.02.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast