User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator options

I've read through many of the threads regarding generators. We have a 2020 Reflection 337RLS. How many watts do I need to be as close to 50a service? Ideally would love to be able to operate just like we were on shore power when it isn't available.
    I currently have a Honda eu2000i inverter generator that I would like to add another one to and run in parallel if possible. I was thinking a 3000 watt inverter generator linked with this one would be enough but I don't know for sure.
    I know many are running the Predator 3500 watt generators. What can/can't you run when hooked up to that generator?
    I found a Honda eu2200i companion for sale locally that would give me close to 4000 watts combined for about the same cost as the Predator since I already have the 2000 watt Honda. Would that be enough?
    Trying to build a system with what I already have would be nice but not a deal breaker either way. Just more garage space assumed. lol.
    Look forward to responses from those of you who use generators often.
    Solar will be a ways down the road at this point.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    I've read through many of the threads regarding generators. We have a 2020 Reflection 337RLS. How many watts do I need to be as close to 50a service? Ideally would love to be able to operate just like we were on shore power when it isn't available.
    I currently have a Honda eu2000i inverter generator that I would like to add another one to and run in parallel if possible. I was thinking a 3000 watt inverter generator linked with this one would be enough but I don't know for sure.
    I know many are running the Predator 3500 watt generators. What can/can't you run when hooked up to that generator?
    I found a Honda eu2200i companion for sale locally that would give me close to 4000 watts combined for about the same cost as the Predator since I already have the 2000 watt Honda. Would that be enough?
    Trying to build a system with what I already have would be nice but not a deal breaker either way. Just more garage space assumed. lol.
    Look forward to responses from those of you who use generators often.
    Solar will be a ways down the road at this point.
    To be able to do you full rig at 50amp you'll need a 10,000 to 12,000 watt gen. I think most 5th with built in gens are 5500 watts. If you manage your power consumption, you can run with 2 Honda 2200. Not sure if you can mix a 2000 with a 2200 though

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    To be able to do you full rig at 50amp you'll need a 10,000 to 12,000 watt gen. I think most 5th with built in gens are 5500 watts. If you manage your power consumption, you can run with 2 Honda 2200. Not sure if you can mix a 2000 with a 2200 though

Thanks. I can run my current 2000 with any companion model Honda per Honda CS. Got lucky I suppose as I had no intentions of that way back when I purchased it.
    Even so I may go with a 3000. Will have to weigh costs vs performance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    Thanks. I can run my current 2000 with any companion model Honda per Honda CS. Got lucky I suppose as I had no intentions of that way back when I purchased it.
    Even so I may go with a 3000. Will have to weigh costs vs performance.
    I have a 3650 and run our entire 22mle but we only have 30amp. It's great but real heavy. So when you weight cost vs performance keep weight in mind.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice. Weight could be a factor.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Yamaha ef3000iseb. Absolutely love it, but it does weigh a lot. Use ramlps just push it into the back of the truck.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Onan 5500 on my TH but it is a gas hog. I also own 3 honda 2000s that I parallel for 4800 watts combined (required me to fool the rv power management system to use all 4800 watts). You can also rig up an external fuel tank and hoses for extended run time. If I am boondocking for a while I run the Hondas. I can start and stop any one or two or three of them as power needs dictate saving a ton on fuel.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to have it in one simple package ( generator) than have to keep track of filling multiples. You give up the weight as our Westinghouse IGen 4500 dual fuel weighs 113 lbs. it has wheels so I have ramp for the towing vehicle. It runs 18 hours on gasoline . It also runs on propane. It has a remote start in addition. Easily handles A 15,000. Ac unit and micro or any other internal load. Connected to the RV with a Victron Multi inverter/ charger with 3 Oasis Firefly carbon foam AGM you can drawn down to 20% unlike other AGM. One half the price of Lithium.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    I prefer to have it in one simple package ( generator) than have to keep track of filling multiples. You give up the weight as our Westinghouse IGen 4500 dual fuel weighs 113 lbs. it has wheels so I have ramp for the towing vehicle. It runs 18 hours on gasoline . It also runs on propane. It has a remote start in addition. Easily handles A 15,000. Ac unit and micro or any other internal load. Connected to the RV with a Victron Multi inverter/ charger with 3 Oasis Firefly carbon foam AGM you can drawn down to 20% unlike other AGM. One half the price of Lithium.
    Same camp. My 3k will running everything except both airs at once and maybe the air and micro.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can comfortably run everything with two Honda EU2200i generators. But we also have easy starts on the AC units and power assist from two Victron 3000w inverters to take up the surges.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast