Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water temp

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water temp

Quick question. 1st time owner. The temp of the hot water, is warm at best. I just have it set on propane, and it is not hot, meaning a shower would be on with just hot water....no cold water on at all. Is this normal? I would say it would be the perfect temp if it was 100 degrees outside for a cooler shower....but at 50 degrees....Its a lil cooler than I would like.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked your outside shower to make sure both valves in the faucet are closed? This is a common issue and that faucet acts like mixing valve for the hot water.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY123 View Post
    Quick question. 1st time owner. The temp of the hot water, is warm at best. I just have it set on propane, and it is not hot, meaning a shower would be on with just hot water....no cold water on at all. Is this normal? I would say it would be the perfect temp if it was 100 degrees outside for a cooler shower....but at 50 degrees....Its a lil cooler than I would like.
    What @Second Chance said. Check the outside shower knobs. My hot water in our 2021 2970RL on both gas and electric is right at scalding hot with hot only turned on. So luke warm to warm is not normal!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Have you checked your outside shower to make sure both valves in the faucet are closed? This is a common issue and that faucet acts like mixing valve for the hot water.

Rob
    I checked, the outdoor shower knobs were both off.
    I dont hear the water heater on very often. Will keep an eye on it. Feels like kitchen sink is hotter? Is it possible a valve by water tank is in the mix position?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY123 View Post
    You don't say what unit you have, but could you water heater bypass valve be open? It would allow cold and hot mixing too
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. It is a 22mle
    Appreciate any ideas.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    I found the middle valve on hot water tank in the mix position. Water is hot now. I appreciate you helping me out. Glad it was a easy fix.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post a photo of the location of the valve. I have the same problem and can’t find any valves. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdock View Post
    Can you post a photo of the location of the valve. I have the same problem and can’t find any valves. Thanks!
    Have you looked on the very back of the water heater. The valve is the bypass valved used in winterizing. Your owners manual should cover it
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant seem to get to the back of the water heater. The owners manual doesn’t cover it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast