User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconhunter View Post
    Never had my Dexters go bad in 11 years and over 100k miles of full time use. No problem finding pads. Kodiak has had it's share of problems. Dexter owns Kodiak now.
    Yor one of the lucky ones. We at Performance Trailer Braking have replaced a few of the Dexter systems due to issues.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    Wow! This thread gave me more to look at before my next trip.

But back to the original subject... I installed the same system myself this spring. I noticed the same delay. I can't say how long the delay is with mine, but we all have to keep in mind that unlike the TV brakes the resting state of the trailer system is zero hydraulic pressure (there is no accumulator). It will take time for the electric pump to start and build pressure. So I believe some delay is just the nature of the beast. I don't notice it that much, partly because I'm used to it by now, but also because driving technique is in play here as well. This setup should not feel like race car brakes.

With all that being said... I noticed the same delay with a different trailer with electric brakes recently. My truck (2020 F350) has a setting for the "aggressiveness" of the trailer brake controller. I haven't found the comfy setting for mine yet, but maybe your truck has a similar setting.
    I do expect to have some delay with the EOH brakes, but not what I've been experiencing. With Blue Dog admitting they hadn't bled the brakes after repairing a brake line leak in the underbelly, I'm pretty sure I will see improvement in the braking time once I get the trailer repaired and back on the road.

The only adjustment on the 2020 Chevy HD integrated brake controller is the gain. This controller does not differentiate between electric and EOH brakes, either. And of course it didn't recognize the Dexter EOH actuator, so I had to put a Hydrastar adapter in to spoof the controller.
    Don
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD/CC/SB/SRW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234