User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrading to lithium-ion batteries on my new Momentum 397th

Hi, I am looking for help/advice/knowledge on upgrading to lithium-ion batteries on my coach. I have only 1 lead-acid battery right now and wanted to add more batteries, just wasn't sure about switching to lithium-ion. I have a factory installed solar panel and controller (Jaboni). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dean Gallaher
    Proud new Momentum owner

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will be glad you did if you make the switch (maybe your wallet wont be as happy )

Things to do:

Replace garbage 55a WFCO converter for battery charging (Progressive Dynamics has some nice units made for Lithium)
    Reprogram your Jaboni MPPT controller to charge Lithium Batteries
    Use a smart relay or dc-dc charger for charging the bank from the truck (take care on this part to preserve proper and safe operation of the break-away switch for the brakes)
    Add a battery monitor so you can accurately track charge levels of your batteries
    Possibly move batteries into your passthrough (behind the false wall usually has a ton of room) so that they are climate controlled - this will improve performance and lifespan
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info