Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Xplor 261BH poor heat circulation

Just purchased our first Grand Design and am very excited about it. Unfortunately, the furnace is in the back of the rig and only seems to heat the bathroom which is in the back as well. There's two other ducts - one under the dining room table (middle) and in the bedroom (up front). Both have minimal air coming out. Enough to put out a lighter but no appreciable heat. The dealer is telling us that this is a design flaw that we are stuck with. We couldn't get the trailer above 55 degrees camping last weekend with an outside low of 15 degrees. The furnace literally ran all night. Is this common with Grand designs? Any ideas on how to fix? Is it possible to add supplemental heat without a little buddy/electric heater?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesnt sound normal. If it were me, I'd try to inspect as much of the ducting as possible for either leaks or kinked ducting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I agree. I need to double check if the dealer actually checked the ducting. I imagine that's more labor but was my first thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat flow problem.

Hi we just got our camper as well! We were out this weekend and found we had the same issues with heating the bathroom but not the rest of the camper! Please let me know if you find anything out!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s been a huge hassle but I was able to get grand design to authorize the dealer to inspect the hvac system. That involves dropping out the bottom of the trailer which is a few hours labor. I took the trailer to another repair shop who recommended adding an additional hvac line to the middle of the trailer (cheap except for cost of dropping out the bottom) or replacing the heater with a higher btu unit (expensive and may void warranty). I have an appointment with the dealer in mid December to see what they can do. We love everything else on our grand design but this hugely disappointing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did your appointment in mid-December go? I'm asking because I have the exact same problem with my 2021 261BH. The dealer has already dropped the bottom and said that there are no kinks in the ductwork....but also that the it's only a 1/2" duct running up to the front bedroom! I've never heard of a 1/2" duct before, and find it hard to believe. I talked to Grand Design and they said that isn't a thing and that it needs to be looked at again. I'm trying to schedule with the dealer again, but they want to wash their hands of it. Just wondering how you made out with yours?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant B. View Post
    How did your appointment in mid-December go? I'm asking because I have the exact same problem with my 2021 261BH. The dealer has already dropped the bottom and said that there are no kinks in the ductwork....but also that the it's only a 1/2" duct running up to the front bedroom! I've never heard of a 1/2" duct before, and find it hard to believe. I talked to Grand Design and they said that isn't a thing and that it needs to be looked at again. I'm trying to schedule with the dealer again, but they want to wash their hands of it. Just wondering how you made out with yours?
    The size should be 2-inch. From what I can tell your furnace is under the rear bunk. That is a pretty long run all the way to the front bedroom wall. RV furnaces are not very efficient to begin with. Asking it to force warm air from the farthest corner to the front bedroom is a lot to ask; even more if it is cold out.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi we just got our camper as well! We were out this weekend and found we had the same issues with heating the bathroom but not the rest of the camper! Please let me know if you find anything out!
    You didn't indicate what trailer you have. It may be relative to where your heater is located and the heat register that doesn't have much airflow.

You may want to look at a post I made in the thread located here - Post #10 .

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Heating-system

There were some fixes I had to make to my heating system.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant B. View Post
    It took two visits and a couple calls to GD company. The dealer took the bottom out and redid the ducting. They changed the 4 inch duct going to the tanks below to a 2 inch duct and made it a longer run (to pull less heat below). They changed the bathroom to a 2 inch I believe since all the heat poured out there. And changed the dinette/front bedroom to a 4 inch. It works a little better overall but I still can't get the until to 60 degrees in cold weather. I'm still not satisfied. A third party repair shop suggested running a separate line to the dinette (currently the dinette and front bedroom are part of one line). The dealer wouldn't do this for me. The repair shop also suggested a more powerful furnace but this will be expensive (>$1500). I'm not sure the next step - I'm going to talk to the dealer and GD again. I had a fantastic 3 season trailer and bought this unit being sold on the GD 4 season package. By no means has this trailer lived up to that statement. Let me know what you come up with. If you DM me, I can send the HVAC diagram for the Transcend Xplor 261BH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kljones77 , same issue here. Would you be willing to share that HVAC diagram with me as well? I tried to request via PM but it wont let me... any help is much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast