Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum doesn’t easily allow for direct communication. There is a dealer approved fix for this issue. I’m also paying to put in a 35k btu furnace to replace the 30k stock furnace. It’s the same size. Hopefully I’ll finally get the trailer to heat up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Design Transcend 261BH - Ducting.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	32490

I'm new here so hopefully my attachment came through. It is a diagram of the factory layout of the Transcend 261BH furnace and AC ducting. I also have an issue with the furnace ducting. Approximately 98% of the heat comes out in the bathroom vent. Almost none comes out in the bedroom (up front) or under the dinette table (in the middle). What does not make sense is that all of the ducting is 3" except for the line to the bedroom off of the "T" (it is 1-1/2"). With this set up there is very little resistance in the line to the bathroom so almost all of the flow is going to go this direction. The bathroom line should be 1-1/2" and the rest should be 3" (need to cause more resistance in this short line to make up for the resistance in the rest of the ducting due to the long length). This is simple physics (or simple flow issue). I am working with GD right now to get this issue rectified (this is a bad design issue or improper build - however, in seeing all of the people on here that have the same issue I believe this is a design issue). I might add that I am a Mechanical Engineer and understand this issue very well (if this were my design problem I would fess up and have it corrected).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for figuring out how to post the HVAC diagram. There is a GD authorized repair. I believe they use dedicated 2 inch lines to the dinette and the front bedroom. My dealer also adjusted the bathroom and under duct flow to try and even things out. Sorry for lack of details - all this HVAC stuff is new to me. I also installed a 35k BTU furnace and that made a huge difference. It's the same size as the factory installed 30k BTU. It did cost me an extra $1000 but I want to use the trailer in freezing weather so it was worth it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!!!!! I am hopeful to get my issue resolved as well, I think this will be very helpful.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Xplor 261BH poor heat tinkering

I was digging in our 2018 261BH trying to get the heat (flow) a bit better and found nearly 4' of extra ducting leading to the bedroom. It was all wadded up in the area where it penetrates the floor under the sink. It was kinked in multiple places. Now it is clear why we were not getting heat in the bedroom. My next step is to seal up the furnace better as I could identify multiple leaking joints in the area.
    Does anyone have a good method to seal the furnace joints?

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...=278&crop=fill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12