Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Imagine 2670MK - Interior Storage

We recently picked up our 2021 2670MK and was really excited about the "anticipated" cabinet storage and pantry, until we actually saw it in person . Was also a little surprised with the smaller bathroom, especially the vanity drawers and space under the sink, but the over the toilet cabinet helps offset that. We previously had a 2650RK.
    We opted out of the dinette for the free standing table and chairs, which eliminated some storage space. I have seen other posts mention "hidden" storage in Imagines, are there any of these in the 2670MK?
    The hope for this post is to get other 2670MK owners to share how they utilize the storage and any modifications made or considering to make. I have already been given a honey-do list to make the cabinets more useful and could use some ideas!

Kitchen overhead cabinets - nice and spacious but no shelf, why?
    Pantry next to fridge - tall and deep but very narrow and wasted space due to no additional shelving - hard to access especially in the top pantry.
    Where do you keep cleaning supplies? Mop and/or broom?
    What cabinet/drawer do you find most practical for pots/pans?
    Last edited by krossi; 11-05-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab Short Bed 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krossi View Post
    We recently picked up our 2021 2670MK and was really excited about the "anticipated" cabinet storage and pantry, until we actually saw it in person . Was also a little surprised with the smaller bathroom, especially the vanity drawers and space under the sink, but the over the toilet cabinet helps offset that. We previously had a 2650RK.
    We opted out of the dinette for the free standing table and chairs, which eliminated some storage space. I have seen other posts mention "hidden" storage in Imagines, are there any of these in the 2670MK?
    The hope for this post is to get other 2670MK owners to share how they utilize the storage and any modifications made or considering to make. I have already been given a honey-do list to make the cabinets more useful and could use some ideas!

Kitchen overhead cabinets - nice and spacious but no shelf, why?
    Pantry next to fridge - tall and deep but very narrow and wasted space due to no additional shelving - hard to access especially in the top pantry.
    Where do you keep cleaning supplies? Mop and/or broom?
    What cabinet/drawer do you find most practical for pots/pans?
    There is no hidden storage in the 2670mk that I know of. We have the booth vs the table and chairs. That provides storage for sweeper/broom and quite a few other items. Lager pots are stored in a decorative bin that we keep under the back counter top. I installed drawer dividers in several of the curb side drawers. DW found plastic bins for the cabinets next to the refrigerator. I installed wire rack above the stove counter top to utilize that space a little better. We loved the floor plan and decided to make the best of the cabinet space. At first glance, it looks like there is major storage space. Just not the case.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our pots and pans are under the fridge. I added dividers between the doors to help keep things in place but a shelf in a few areas would be good. We also keep our coffee pot, paper towels, and toaster in the cabinets when we travel which takes up more than one full cabinet. Under sink is trash and recycling, cleaning stuff is under the bathroom sink. Broom is in the pass through or standing next to the theatre seats against the slide. The big drawer has a lot of stuff in it.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback. What type of decorative bin are you using under the desk? I have seen a post that others are using a 30" storage ottoman (adds seating as well) that is stored under the desk. The negative was that it required the removal of a trim piece that I believe is part of the counter support. We are looking for a smaller ottoman to avoid removing that piece of "trim". Do the plastic bins for the pantry work well for you? Is there a specific brand/size that you found works best?
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodenc View Post
    Our pots and pans are under the fridge. I added dividers between the doors to help keep things in place but a shelf in a few areas would be good. We also keep our coffee pot, paper towels, and toaster in the cabinets when we travel which takes up more than one full cabinet. Under sink is trash and recycling, cleaning stuff is under the bathroom sink. Broom is in the pass through or standing next to the theatre seats against the slide. The big drawer has a lot of stuff in it.
    There are 2 drawers under the fridge (1 wine rack & 1 pet dishes) but they are only 3.5" deep. Our 2qt pot will not even fit. Is this different in your model? I am currently looking at using 1/4" & 1/2" birch panel to come up with a shelf option for both the pantry and kitchen slide O/H cabinets. I may also add a shelf under the kitchen sink (right side) so all the pots and pans, griddle, and crockpot can be stored there. Did you remove the panel under the bathroom sink? The placement of our panel leaves just enough depth for a spray bottle or aerosol can to sit on the floor. There seems to be a lot of room behind the panel even though the plumbing is back there?
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we have a cabinet and drawer under the fridge.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback. What type of decorative bin are you using under the desk? I have seen a post that others are using a 30" storage ottoman (adds seating as well) that is stored under the desk. The negative was that it required the removal of a trim piece that I believe is part of the counter support. We are looking for a smaller ottoman to avoid removing that piece of "trim". Do the plastic bins for the pantry work well for you? Is there a specific brand/size that you found works best?
    Here's a link that shows a similar item. This one is placed under the mirror when the street side slide is out. When both slides are in it fits nicely next to the island.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ornavo-Fo...0aAlLoEALw_wcB

We have two of these under the desk. Something similar anyway. They stay in that spot all of the time. Stores icemaker and coffee pot.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...saAiFzEALw_wcB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you remove the panel under the bathroom sink? The placement of our panel leaves just enough depth for a spray bottle or aerosol can to sit on the floor. There seems to be a lot of room behind the panel even though the plumbing is back there?
    It’s been a while since I pulled the panel under my bathroom sink, but I vaguely remember that the slide electronics are under there. I may be remembering wrong, but there is something behind the panel.
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going through the pain of trying to make the storage in my 2670MK more useable. I’ve found some wire and plastic bins that are long and narrow in order to use those long narrow pantry and bathroom storage spots. The spaces are both too long for any one bin that I could find, but two might make it better. I’ll post some pictures when I get some of the bins stocked.
    Last edited by ArmyLifer; 11-24-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Eric & Sandra

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beside the bed “closet”. Might add a shelf to get another cloth bin or two in there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC14CB18-346E-4E70-AFD8-31A860468656.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	993.1 KB 
ID:	30892

Above the bed. Have four of these cloth bins up there.

Name:	8202654F-8A5D-42D6-9B0C-414E083C5661.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	854.7 KB 
ID:	30888

Bathroom cubbies.

Name:	591A66E5-DCE8-477E-B993-BF7E107D84A0.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1,009.0 KB 
ID:	30893

Kitchen pantry.

Name:	3B6BA611-F252-4027-B5C8-6E18C122395B.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	30894

We’re hopefully going out again before Christmas so will report back.
    Last edited by ArmyLifer; 11-27-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Eric & Sandra