User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatHappens@TheCampground View Post
    Yes, we installed it on the side between the slides. That way we could run the cable up through the Nautilus. It came with special mounting tape that has held on for over a year so far, in both high -115- and low -5- temps. And winds in excess of 45mph when we forgot to take it down during a winter storm. So no holes or drilling required.
    I mount our Weboost below the weather station on conduit ( 3/4" inside 1" ) and used suction cups. The cable goes in with the hose. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas. I purchased the weboost rv and got an extra antenna and power cord so I can use in my car as well. Took a trip across country last month and was very pleased with the weboost. This spring I’ll try to see how I can mount the antenna and cables in my rv. I have a 2019 2850mk. Right now it’s under a couple feet of snow so it will have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy also with the WeBoost. Our outside mount I attach the WeBoost antennae to an 8 foot section of PVC using the supplied U Clamps. That then attaches to the ladder so the antennae is way above any obstruction.
    This stores in the pass through when traveling.

As far as cable leads it’s very easy to run it through the slide rubber.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Not to pour cold water on your husband's ingenuity, but the factory-installed coax cable will be quite "lossy" at the frequencies used by cell systems. Your booster will not perform as well as it could, and my experience with two of them in fringe areas is that you often want every bit of signal you can get through them.

Replacing the factory cable with at least a good-quality quad-shielded RG-6 cable would make a noticeable difference. Consider when doing it that every connector from end to end in a cable reduces its performance, so while it might be tempting to ease replacing it by doing it in sections joined by connectors that might eliminate the benefit from replacing it.

Since this post seems to be alive again, I thought I would add a link to an article about what Solid Signal thinks about using existing coax for cell boosters. https://blog.solidsignal.com/tutoria...-cell-booster/
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12