User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Idaho and our campgrounds have been overflowing. One of the main reasons (my opinion) is that Oregon and Washington have shut down their campgrounds. Last time we camped in hells canyon we noticed a lot or OR and WA plates on vehicles. I can't blame them, we all need to get out. I plan on doing a little boon docking as my 351M is pretty much set up for it. No solar, but generator and 155gal water tank. I won't be able to take it down any 4-wheel drive trails, but there's lots of BLM and national forest here with roads we can maneuver. When traveling cross-country, I've stayed in truck stops, Walmart parking lots and rest areas. Just for one night, but it was very doable with the Genny.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just returned home last week after a 5 week trip down the Shenandoah Valley to Eastern Tennessee, across the Carolina's to north east Georgia and then down to Jekyll Island. I came back home up the coast stopping at Emerald Isle, Virginia Beach then Pocomoke State park. I never before planned more than 5 days out but learned a lesson when I went to Florida last February before Covid became the center of our lives. Reservations were tough, I had to skip a few places I wanted to go and found a few places I'll keep in the log book. I was lucky in route and hit on four nights at Roan Mountain with a primo campsite. I usually stay over at Pocomoke / Shad landing when traveling the Eastern Shore as it's a nice quiet clean campground that is a convenient midway to the Outer Banks. Anytime before I doubt there there were more than a dozen others in the loop I stay, especially early November. There are 30 campsites on the loop and there were 3 unoccupied sites but marked reserved.
    I think it's going to be a rough couple of years.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 11-14-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    We are planning to retire next year to the Crossville TN area. I called a campground near there, Deer Run, and asked about monthly rates and availability. She told me that ever since COVID their monthly spots have been full with a large waiting list that is not going down. So my question to the forum is how full are the campgrounds where you are staying? I am hoping that by next March/April things will be more open.
    Try Spring Lake Resort in Crossville.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi first time post I stay at a campground year around not a resort by no means around Soddy-Daisy Tn. and they do have open spots. I enjoy it, river 30 Ft from front door. I have a reflection 230 RL tucked up in the woods. You may have to look for campgrounds not well known. Good luck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    We are planning to retire next year to the Crossville TN area. I called a campground near there, Deer Run, and asked about monthly rates and availability. She told me that ever since COVID their monthly spots have been full with a large waiting list that is not going down. So my question to the forum is how full are the campgrounds where you are staying? I am hoping that by next March/April things will be more open.
    Hello

We live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia and we are experiencing the same issue.
    Our snowbirds who are full timers are stuck in Canada until this pandemic gets under control!

Jacqui

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week we finally decided on Florida for the winter rather than Arizona. Had two friends that recommended RV parks that they're staying in. We had no problem making reservations for one in January and the other in February. This will be our first time for one month stays. I have itchy feet. While we like to stay at state parks and such, in Florida, you're lucky if you can make a reservation a year in advance for winter months. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a canceled reservation. I think with Covid, there are many who are not leaving their wintery north.
    Last edited by FLtravelers; 11-14-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the winter season in Florida, there probably are more spaces available this year since the Canadians are "stuck north of the border". RV sales have been "off the charts" with the COVID situation, and undoubtedly there will be increased business for the campgrounds and state parks, etc. until things settle down. Then, you'll probably be able to get a great deal on a 1 or 2 year old used RV!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The campground in Florida is seeing dollar signs. Without bunch of luck the "new" management has realized that the demand for full-time campsites is so great that most of the snow birds were told that the ONLY to guarantee a space is to pay for one all year.

The only reasons we were able to get our same spot as last winter are because, 1. No one wanted a full sun lot in the summer, and, 2. Due to an upcoming hand surgery we took the RV down there last weekend, with the attendant calling twice to make sure we were still coming on time as people were screaming to get our lot.

One of our friends was able to get a different lot after being told in July that his "reserved lot" was given to a full-timer, after he had already spent at lease four winters there! Another friend who had been grandfathered in for 15 years that he could leave his unit on-site for the summer months at 1/2 rate. Not any more...They have to pay full rate as if they were actually there.

The monthly rate at our park in northern Florida is in the low $300's + electric. When doing the math, if one has any type of RV (they're not particular about size or year), that is much cheaper than renting an apartment. After we come back home at Easter we have no guarantee that we will have a place to go next year or not. Money Rules!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have several local campgrounds in the Pensacola area. They have a large volumn of monthly renters. What I was told by a owner/friend is that the snowbirds arrived in 2019 and are not leaving.
    They are more comfortable staying in this area than traveling back to their home states.
    As you mention the waiting list continues to grow.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes full around Pigeon Forge area.

Finding in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Douglas Lake, and Townsend that you will need to make reservations several months in advance. We live in Kodak and camp primarily in a 50 mile radius. Since the virus hit it's gotten crazy if you want a good spot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast