Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTMEZ View Post
    Thank you! My truck is showing a GVWR of 9,500 lbs and a cargo capacity of 2,700 lbs. Now I'm thinking it's not enough for the 2018 303 RLS that has a GVWR of 11,995.
    Yeah, it wouldn’t be any fun to have to put a platform out from the hitch receiver that is on the back of the trailer, then fill it up with sandbags, just to get some weight off the pin...
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buying used I would have no reservations if; the owner had all service manuals for the rig. Consider hiring an RV inspector if you are not comfortable inspecting all systems yourself. Ensure all systems are checked and utilize a PDI inspection sheet to assist you.

Do not accept "it's already winterized" so we cannot check this or that. Winterizing a 303 takes less than 30 minutes. If all systems (refer, heat, air, plumbing, electrical and lights, suspension etc meet your expectations, go for it. Be sure to get on the roof and inspect the roof and sealant.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. I'm a little confused and am researching the answer. Chevrolet's website says my truck can tow a 14,000 lb 5th-Wheel, but the GVWR is 9,500 lbs.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTMEZ View Post
    Agreed. I'm a little confused and am researching the answer. Chevrolet's website says my truck can tow a 14,000 lb 5th-Wheel, but the GVWR is 9,500 lbs.
    We recently purchased a 2021 303rls and I have been working on numbers to calculate the final loading weights. From the numbers I have, you can tow this trailer legally if you are very careful about how you load both the trailer and the truck. Our hitch weight will be 2250# because we are adding 4 batteries, inverter, solar and related components. (mostly to the front of the trailer) we also load the truck up pretty good. (hitch, kyak, golf clubs, spare propane, generator, e-bike chargers, etc.) this all works out to about 900# added cargo on the truck (including fuel and 2 passengers). Add that to the 2250# and we are at 3150# additional cargo on the truck. The trailer will end up below GVW and axle ratings but not by a lot. We will be 11614 fully loaded (with full water which gives us some more leeway) Your truck doesn't work for our situation. We have a GMC 3500HD with a CCC of 3600# so it's all good.
    The moral of this story is that you must decide how you camp. Are you OK leaving off all the stuff I mention above?? If not, get a 1 ton diesel and you will be happier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12