User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pump issue

Hello to you all!! A few days ago a friend and I winterized my 240 RL by blowing out the water lines due to a fast approaching snow storm. Today we arrived at our snow bird camp site and i turned on the water pump and it kept running. I understand that I could have blown a seal in the pump. Any suggestions? Also, where is the pump located? Is the seals replaceable or will I need to purchase a new one? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know where it is on your unit, but there is a plastic filter housing on the inlet side that stays full of water (a lot of units have the water pump located behind the false wall in the basement area).

There is a chance that water froze and cracked the housing depending how cold it got.

Do you actually get water pressure from the pump, or is it running with no water flow?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4now, Thank you for your help.. Running with no water flow. I have no leaks that I can see in the bath or kitchen area.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sliptn View Post
    FT4now, Thank you for your help.. Running with no water flow. I have no leaks that I can see in the bath or kitchen area.
    I would try to locate the pump and see if that filter housing froze. That's a less expensive fix than the pump. I know you can order them online, they are pretty much universal, it's really the fitting size that matters, not the actual filter if you do need to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello to you all!! A few days ago a friend and I winterized my 240 RL by blowing out the water lines due to a fast approaching snow storm. Today we arrived at our snow bird camp site and i turned on the water pump and it kept running. I understand that I could have blown a seal in the pump. Any suggestions? Also, where is the pump located? Is the seals replaceable or will I need to purchase a new one? Thank you in advance for your advice.
    Here is a picture of the water pump and the inlet filter (circled in orange) in our trailer that @FT4NOW was describing. On ours, it is located directly behind the Nautilus panel (docking station) and is accessed by removing a false wall (8 screws). this is typical on a 5th wheel. Hope this helps.

Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9187 - mod.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	30573
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is not a cracked screen, check the screen at the water inlet. If you turned it around when you winterized it (I do), check it to see if it was turned back. With the screen backwards the pump will push water passed it & the check valve into the wet bay...don't ask me how I know this.
    Last edited by Gronk1; 11-07-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @sliptn
    In a pinch the inlet screen/bowl can be removed and just connect up the inlet hose to the pump. It also may be the pump just did nor get primed. Did you have a faucet open when you first started it up and how much water did you have in the fresh water tank.

Also if you add your unit information to your signature you can get better help.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sliptn,
    Forgive me but I am not following the logic. You blew the water out of the lines and a few days later turned on the water pump? With no water in the lines, the water pump is unable to build to pressure and will run. Can you clarify?
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the local Camper World and talked to one of the techs about my problem. He said to unhook the water from the RV, take out the screen, push in the white check valve a few times to release the pressure, then rehook and start the process over again to allow the pump to prime itself. It worked! According to the tech it was sucking to much air to the pump.
    Thank all of you for your comments and instruction to help a relieve a confused snow bird.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I went to the local Camper World and talked to one of the techs about my problem. He said to unhook the water from the RV, take out the screen, push in the white check valve a few times to release the pressure, then rehook and start the process over again to allow the pump to prime itself. It worked! According to the tech it was sucking to much air to the pump.
    Thank all of you for your comments and instruction to help a relieve a confused snow bird.
    If your at your new campsite and hooked up to city water, why are you running the pump. Maybe I missed something here - sorry.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast