Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Secondary slide seal install

I have never liked the 1/2" wide by 1.5 inch deep gap from the outer trim to the side of the vertical seal, along with the exposed screw heads. Si I did a bit of looking at the existing set up and discovered there was room for a secondary seal attached to the back side of the slide outer trim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	30579
    This is the product I used. I got it from these good folks https://www.rvupgradestore.com

Name:	IMG_0459s.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	30580
    You can see where the existing seal contacts the slide trim and that there is room for the second seal which I have already installed along the very outer edge of the trim.

Name:	IMG_0460s.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	30581
    Installation complete and slide closed. Since these pictures were taken the new seal has relaxed and the seal over the screw heads is even better.
    Hope this helps

There is a more detailed write up over at the other place.
    Last edited by powerscol; 11-07-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I have never liked the 1/2" wide by 1.5 inch deep gap from the outer trim to the side of the vertical seal, along with the exposed screw heads. Si I did a bit of looking at the existing set up and discovered there was room for a secondary seal attached to the back side of the slide outer trim

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	30579
    This is the product I used. I got it from these good folks https://www.rvupgradestore.com

Name:	IMG_0459s.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	30580
    You can see where the existing seal contacts the slide trim and that there is room for the second seal which I have already installed along the very outer edge of the trim.

Name:	IMG_0460s.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	30581
    Installation complete and slide closed. Since these pictures were taken the new seal has relaxed and the seal over the screw heads is even better.
    Hope this helps

There is a more detailed write up over at the other place.
    I really like this. Where's the other place for the write up?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I really like this. Where's the other place for the write up?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Due to the rules we are not allowed to post the link to the GD site. I sent you a PM
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar