User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Large RV levels - whats good?

To simplify my RV leveling when getting into a site, instead of stopping, getting out and opening the trailer and using my 3' level, then figuring out how to level. I wanted to place 2 large RV levels on the king pin. That way when I back in I can see the side to side situation, and then when running the front jacks, se when for aft is level.

This one looks good with the bracket https://www.rvautoparts.com/6780-Whe...yABEgK23fD_BwE

But I don't know about quality and accuracy

What are folks using and how is the accuracy and level holding up over time.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That level is fine, I have it, as do millions of 5th wheel owners. The camper does not have to be perfectly level prior to disconnecting, close is fine. The camper's leveling system will do the job from there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, LevelMate Pro. Works great for us TT guys who have to actually level our trailers instead of pushing a button.
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyLifer View Post
    Or, LevelMate Pro. Works great for us TT guys who have to actually level our trailers instead of pushing a button.
    This^^

https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec.../dp/B01FGGSWPW

I even moved mine from my previous fiver (didn't have auto-leveling) to our new Solitude (does have auto-leveling). It's a great device and much less hassle than levels.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This^^

https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec.../dp/B01FGGSWPW

I even moved mine from my previous fiver (didn't have auto-leveling) to our new Solitude (does have auto-leveling). It's a great device and much less hassle than levels.

Rob
    Thanks Rob and others. I am not a fan of high teck Looking for something simpler that does not require power or me being smart after driving 10 hours. As I don't have auto level, just eyeball and 3 foot bubble level, I am looking for something these poor eyeballs can see that is durable and accurate (close enough a couple of turns on the stabilizer jacks will fix),
    Please keep the comments coming. I am putting together a black Friday list for DW

Thanks again
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the big bubble level on our 303, in 5 years we have only had to readjust it one time so it holds it's position well. Having the little center front to back is also nice. It is just now starting to cloud up so a little clean up with plastx should bring it back to clear.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    To simplify my RV leveling when getting into a site, instead of stopping, getting out and opening the trailer and using my 3' level, then figuring out how to level. I wanted to place 2 large RV levels on the king pin. That way when I back in I can see the side to side situation, and then when running the front jacks, se when for aft is level.

This one looks good with the bracket https://www.rvautoparts.com/6780-Whe...yABEgK23fD_BwE

But I don't know about quality and accuracy

What are folks using and how is the accuracy and level holding up over time.

Thanks
    This is the one I had on my last 5th wheel and I just installed one my new 340RDS. I have been using this level for the last 3+ years and haven't had any issues with it. Just make sure the rig is perfectly level and that you can clearly see it from inside the truck when you drill into the pin box during initial installation and you'll be good to go. Unfortunately, I didn't account for the center headrest in the backseat when I installed it this time and it's partially blocked. Didn't have one there in my old Ram and can't seem to figure out how to remove it yet in this new truck.

I haven't seen any issues with accuracy when I've done an occasional "sanity" check on it. Sure makes setup fast and simple using it and the Anderson levelers under the wheels.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Folks
    Now the wait for Black Friday deals

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, and use, a turning point pin box. I assume that a level on the pin box would only be accurate when the pin box is straight with the trailer? Can you still see the level if mounted on the trailer itself?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have, and use, a turning point pin box. I assume that a level on the pin box would only be accurate when the pin box is straight with the trailer? Can you still see the level if mounted on the trailer itself?

You can see the level but just like the one on your pin box, unless you are straight to it you will not get a good accurate view. I can see the bubble clearly when almost straight in my rear view mirror but not at an angle.. Once stopped I slide to the center of the truck to get a dead on view as a last check.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast