Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slideout jambs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideout jambs.

Bought a 2021 344 gkr about 6 months ago. Getting ready to leave Thursday for a long weekend. Went to slide out the bedroom slide it went out about about 6 inches then the forward side stopped and it started shifting like one motor stopped now we can't slide it out.Any body have a problem like this

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had something similar happen to me with my 2016 Reflection with a Schwintek bedroom slide. My problem was low battery voltage. I was actually plugged into shore power at the time but the battery voltage was low as I had it in storage prior to moving it to our house to load it for a trip. After charging the batteries overnight, it started working again.

If your problem is low battery voltage, you can "re-time" your slide by following this video (once your batteries are fully charged again):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

Good luck!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I believe the batteries are fine but I will check because the rear slides which run out together are fine

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks I believe the batteries are fine but I will check because the rear slides which run out together are fine
    Just remember this....Do NOT take a voltage reading for the batteries while plugged into shore power or the generator running (if you have a generator). The reason being is that either one of those, shore power and/or genny running, will be powering the Converter in the trailer and thus the battery charging part of the convertor. That would give you a false reading of what the battery voltage actually is.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Your rear slides don't use the Schwintek mechanism. They should be hydraulic. They still require 12v but I don't think they are as sensitive to low voltage.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info going out soon to see what I can do never realized they where different. Going to call lippert and GD tommorow

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I had something similar happen to me with my 2016 Reflection with a Schwintek bedroom slide. My problem was low battery voltage. I was actually plugged into shore power at the time but the battery voltage was low as I had it in storage prior to moving it to our house to load it for a trip. After charging the batteries overnight, it started working again.

If your problem is low battery voltage, you can "re-time" your slide by following this video (once your batteries are fully charged again):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

Good luck!
    If you are plugged in to shore power and the converter is charging the battery, wouldn't the converter be supplying enough voltage at adequate current to power the slide? I can see a completely discharged or defective battery causing a large drain on the converter output, but if the battery is just in a slightly discharge state it looks like the converter would be a good 12vdc supply.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After phone calls to lippert to diagnose and no help from Grand Design I am going to to bring it back to the dealer.The slide is either jambed or has a bad motor. I'll let you know how it turns out!