Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question GD Imagine 2670MK - Makeshift Sleeping Arrangements

Hello everyone,

It is really neat to find that there is an entire forum dedicated to Grand Design. I am about to purchase a GD Imagine 2670MK, but I have had an increasingly growing concern about sleeping arrangements. I was searching online for the answer and to my pleasant surprise found this forum. I am hoping someone here might be able to help me with this question.

Background / Context

My wife and I have been planning on buying an RV for several months now. We recently sold our house in town because we inherited land out in the country. We are currently commuting to town for work, but plan to park our RV in town so we can stay in town two or three nights a week when our work or other issues keep us late. Meanwhile our teenagers will stay back at the house with family.

So then, the primary use of the 2670 for us will be a second residence to make work life easier. The secondary use however is that we love traveling and going on vacations. Whether it is a long trip far away or a short weekend trip nearby. Bottom line we love going when we aren't working.

This is where my concern is. I have three teenagers (Girl 18, Boy 16, Girl 14). My plan was one of the following:

1. Utilize the existing dinette sleeper for both girls and have my son either sleep on an air mattress or sleep in the recliner (his preference)
    2. Have one of the girls sleep on the dinette sleeper and have the other two on an air mattress.
    3. Have my son on the dinette sleeper and have the girls on an air mattress.

We could have bought a bunkhouse ( I could still technically change the RV I am going to purchase), but given our children's ages, we wanted to prioritize what we wanted out of the RV. Our oldest is in her senior year and will be heading off to college soon. My son is one year behind her. At the same time though, we want them to be able to go with us when they want to go / are able to go in the future.

I know I took a long time to set up this question, but I wanted to provide a fuller picture of the situation to hopefully gain any insight anyone here might have concerning this.

Is this a viable plan, using air mattresses to add sleeping capacity in the 2670?

Is there enough space to drop a queen air mattress between the theatre seating and the electric fireplace, without the air mattress melting?

Do you have any general thoughts or suggestions concerning this type of makeshift arrangement?

Thank you all in advance for any and all input on this topic.

P.S. For any suggestions on alternate RVs - I really wanted the electric fireplace (to keep from constantly swapping propane bottles in the winter and my max tow capacity on my 1500 is 8700lbs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peopleofthewood View Post
    Hello everyone,

It is really neat to find that there is an entire forum dedicated to Grand Design. I am about to purchase a GD Imagine 2670MK, but I have had an increasingly growing concern about sleeping arrangements. I was searching online for the answer and to my pleasant surprise found this forum. I am hoping someone here might be able to help me with this question.

Background / Context

My wife and I have been planning on buying an RV for several months now. We recently sold our house in town because we inherited land out in the country. We are currently commuting to town for work, but plan to park our RV in town so we can stay in town two or three nights a week when our work or other issues keep us late. Meanwhile our teenagers will stay back at the house with family.

So then, the primary use of the 2670 for us will be a second residence to make work life easier. The secondary use however is that we love traveling and going on vacations. Whether it is a long trip far away or a short weekend trip nearby. Bottom line we love going when we aren't working.

This is where my concern is. I have three teenagers (Girl 18, Boy 16, Girl 14). My plan was one of the following:

1. Utilize the existing dinette sleeper for both girls and have my son either sleep on an air mattress or sleep in the recliner (his preference)
    2. Have one of the girls sleep on the dinette sleeper and have the other two on an air mattress.
    3. Have my son on the dinette sleeper and have the girls on an air mattress.

We could have bought a bunkhouse ( I could still technically change the RV I am going to purchase), but given our children's ages, we wanted to prioritize what we wanted out of the RV. Our oldest is in her senior year and will be heading off to college soon. My son is one year behind her. At the same time though, we want them to be able to go with us when they want to go / are able to go in the future.

I know I took a long time to set up this question, but I wanted to provide a fuller picture of the situation to hopefully gain any insight anyone here might have concerning this.

Is this a viable plan, using air mattresses to add sleeping capacity in the 2670?

Is there enough space to drop a queen air mattress between the theatre seating and the electric fireplace, without the air mattress melting?

Do you have any general thoughts or suggestions concerning this type of makeshift arrangement?

Thank you all in advance for any and all input on this topic.

P.S. For any suggestions on alternate RVs - I really wanted the electric fireplace (to keep from constantly swapping propane bottles in the winter and my max tow capacity on my 1500 is 8700lbs.
    We had the 2670 model for two full seasons. My wife and I are empty nesters. Unlike you, we never thought we would need sleeping accommodations for My sister, my in-laws, (wife's mom & dad) my other in-laws (wife's brother & his wife). Long story short, after trying all the things you mentioned, including me sleeping on the recliner for a week, we now have a model 2970. As far as the 2670 goes, My wife was very comfortable on the table and I was able to sleep well on the recliner. It is just easier in the 2970 with the pull out bed as one of your options. Best of luck.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. The more I thought about it and the more I read, the more I felt like the 2670 just wasn’t going to work for us.

We wanted to bump up to the exact one you mentioned, (2970), but we already had our vacation planned with tickets bought (yes not very smart).

So we ended up getting a 2021 28RL Vibe which is essentially the same thing, except a different brand name. I pick it up tomorrow.

Thank you again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peopleofthewood View Post
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. The more I thought about it and the more I read, the more I felt like the 2670 just wasn’t going to work for us.

We wanted to bump up to the exact one you mentioned, (2970), but we already had our vacation planned with tickets bought (yes not very smart).

So we ended up getting a 2021 28RL Vibe which is essentially the same thing, except a different brand name. I pick it up tomorrow.

Thank you again.
    Exciting, I am sure. God's blessings to you and your family and your travels.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression