User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Arisythila, welcome to the chat and congrats on the new adventure in your life. I see you are moving to Chelan. Great area. Not sure what the vehicles taxes are in Nevada but hold onto your shorts when you go to register it in Wash. As for a license in Wash, there are no special license requirements for towing an RV of any size with any size truck. In the Chelan area there are also no yearly emissions tests that you have to do.
    Hey Lorend, Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here.

My wife and I lived in Washington for 30+ years of our life. We moved to Nevada, because we didn't really consider Eastern washington. (We grew up in Western washington Kitsap/Bremerton area). My wife has the SAD thing seasonal affective disorder. We visited Vegas, and rented a VRBO for a couple of weeks with a pool, and it was the only time our kids asked if they could go to bed. hahaha. But after a few years of living here, I think its time for our next adventure. Chalan has like 300 days a year of sun, which was very advantageous for us. We bought 20 acres of land up in the hills, and the view we have is absolutely amazing. I wish pictures did it justice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skype_Picture_2020_11_19T01_53_42_474Z.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	30744

Registering the truck in Vegas is probably going to be about 1500 dollars a year. So I'll take WA tax over vegas any day of the week. I actually just sold my Nissan GTR because of how much it cost to have it just sit around.

Vegas we've got emissions yearly, in Chelan yeah, no emissions at all at least until you get into Western Washington.. Some cities do require it there, but Chelan is not one of them YAY! :-)

Left The Driveway Flash! BAB USA's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3500 is definitely the better way to go. This is used JUST to haul stuff and sometimes have a rolling DJ stand! I do suggest you check out the Anderson hitches though and in my 3500 I have a Titan Fuel tanks that is underneath, keeps full clearance and I believe it has 55 gallons capacity, which is a must in my opinion.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash! BAB USA View Post
    The 3500 is definitely the better way to go. This is used JUST to haul stuff and sometimes have a rolling DJ stand! I do suggest you check out the Anderson hitches though and in my 3500 I have a Titan Fuel tanks that is underneath, keeps full clearance and I believe it has 55 gallons capacity, which is a must in my opinion.
    Yeah, I am excited to get it... I feel like calling the car dealer, and seeing when my truck is going to be here.. . haha :-) Your rig is pretty sweet... no doubt. I'll check out the Anderson hitches... Seems like a pretty simple setup...

You got an additional fuel tank? The tank in the truck is 50 gallons, so you're adding an additional 55 gallons?

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No my tank had 27 gallons in 2018 and i replaced it. I do know you can get from Titan Tanks a low-boy tank that will run about 35-45 gallons with the rig bumping into it. I have an extra 45 on the 4500 and really really like that luxury.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No my tank had 27 gallons in 2018 and i replaced it. I do know you can get from Titan Tanks a low-boy tank that will run about 35-45 gallons with the rig bumping into it. I have an extra 45 on the 4500 and really really like that luxury.
    Ahh alright... Yeah, I got the 50 gallon from the factory. Which I was super happy to get! Having some extra fuel space would be awesome. I'll have to take a look.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to post some pics of the truck I just picked up last night!

Name:	IMG_1022.HEIC.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	30836

Name:	IMG_1021.HEIC.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	30837

Name:	IMG_1006.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	30838

Name:	IMG_1008.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	30839

Super excited to have it, now we got to put in a order for the 398M Momentum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah buddy!!!
    Looks like you are in AZ? we are mostly in MT but have a home in Phx too.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah buddy!!!
    Looks like you are in AZ? we are mostly in MT but have a home in Phx too.
    Thank you! My neighbor has a 3500, but mine seems to be higher up than his... Maybe his is a 2 wheel version, and mine is a 4wd version?

Las Vegas. Just north of Summerlin.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the color and you got it earlier than expected. Did you get the 5th wheel prep package and air ride?
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    Love the color and you got it earlier than expected. Did you get the 5th wheel prep package and air ride?
    Yeah, we got EXTREMELY lucky, this truck didn't come with a couple of things I was hoping it would have (bed liner, and the bed step). But it came with the 5th wheel prep package, and automatic rear air suspension.

I was not expecting it until Mind December, but the dealership called me yesterday and even delivered the truck to me. Not bad!

Now I got to decide if I want LineX or Rhino Lining.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast