Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Theater seating

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theater seating

I have a 2017 Reflection 337RLS and mv sister has a 2016 Reflection 303RLS and about a year ago the vinyl on these seats began delaminating and now is the the point where pieces stick to you clothing and hair. We have been very pleased with the trailers but are very disappointed with the quality of these. Has anyone else experienced this and have a source for replacement. I feel Grand Design should offer some compensation toward replacement. I also have not been able to identify the name brand of the pieces I as don't want to replace with the same brand. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve65 View Post
    I have a 2017 Reflection 337RLS and mv sister has a 2016 Reflection 303RLS and about a year ago the vinyl on these seats began delaminating and now is the the point where pieces stick to you clothing and hair. We have been very pleased with the trailers but are very disappointed with the quality of these. Has anyone else experienced this and have a source for replacement. I feel Grand Design should offer some compensation toward replacement. I also have not been able to identify the name brand of the pieces I as don't want to replace with the same brand. Any suggestions?
    Yes, the "plether" peeling is a known problem. Some people have reported this happening pretty quickly, others it happens later. We've had our rig 4 years now, and nothing is peeling yet (yes, I just jinxed myself), but I'm expecting it.

Here's a recent thread about the same problem:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-falling-apart

I know some people were able to get a discounted rate on a new seat directly from the manufacturer (not GD).
    Last edited by livinthelife; 11-09-2020 at 12:01 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC01.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	30600

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"