User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have the B&W Turnover Ball w/ Companion Hitch, only we have a 2006 Diesel Super Duty, 8 foot box and a dually conversion. We pull 14K+ Solitude 379FL. While traveling through Michigan on I-275 and I-94 there are only two places that produce chucking. They are both where the pavement is large cement squares, not Asphalt. We also do not notice chucking with continuous-cast cement. My wife, pulling our boat with another vehicle, complains about the same "chucking" in those same two areas, especially where they have patches.

We just last weekend pulled our Solitude to Florida for the winter. We encountered chucking only in one location, and the pavement was cement squares.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    Hey folks,

I just brought my brand spanking new Reflection 303RLS home this weekend and I have a question about chucking. I'm towing it with a 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed, Duramax SRW using a B&W companion hitch over the B&W turnover gooseball. This is my first 5th wheel, so I had never experienced chucking until this weekend. We drove the trailer up the freeway to a local camp ground to play with it and see if everything is working ok. When we were towing it on the freeway, or roads we got a lot of chucking. I was kind of surprised at how much the trailer was push/pulling almost constantly. No up/down movement, but lots of forward/backward while towing on the freeway. I thought the B&W companion was good at reducing chucking, so I'm concerned that I don't have something setup right with the hitch position or on the truck or the trailer pinbox. The pin box is the default Lippert that the 303RLS comes with.

Any advice about this? Is the chucking normal? Can anyone help me with dialing in the B&W?

Thanks
    I would get it weighed by axle with and without the TT and compare with load capacities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humblerb View Post
    I use the B&W Patriot slider (short bed). Level is best. I should not have been surprised, but I was, that the dealer didn't get it level. I was really pin high.
    If you are between bolt holes at level, go to the lower hole.
    I think this will help more than adding more weight to the pin.
    Our trailer only has underneath storage in the front, so all of our non-inside equipment goes on the pin.
    If you have front and rear, you might put heavier items in the front.
    But, if you are currently pin high, leveling will do more good than anything.
    Tire Pressure - Check (increase) before every trip.
    I have the same hitch, when I brought home my 2020 303RLS I had what I call porpoising. It was so bad I had to slow down to 50 mph on a 70 mph highway. I had some stuff in the 303 that I unloaded from my traded in Imagine 2250RK. I think the problem was not enough pin weight. The problem is solved, but I am not sure what did it because I did 2 things. I loaded up the front compartment with 2 6V led acid batteries and a few other things. I also usually carry at least 1/3-2/3 fresh water and fully loaded the trailer for camping. I had unloaded a lot of stuff from the 2250RK before going to the dealer. The second thing I did was to add Timbrens to my TV.
    Now I have no problem doing 65mph without any major problems. It would be nice to have MorRyde pin box, but I am not sure if it would work well with the manual slider.
    Last edited by Malco1; 11-15-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have similar (2020 GMC) truck to yours but short bed. I also have the B&W companion. Hitch height seems to effect the chucking. When I picked up my trailer (31MB, 500 miles from home), I set the hitch height at the middle of 3 positions. I hooked up the trailer, and thought the trailer was ever so slightly nose high. Not wanting to change the setting at that time, I drove home 500 miles with zero chucking.

Wanting to make things perfect, I lowered the hitch one position to the lowest setting. The trailer looks perfectly level but to my surprise our next trip I experienced some mild chucking. What changed? 500 miles no chucking then changed the hitch height and now I have mild chucking. I will be changing the hitch back up one notch. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure you have not made any other changes i.e. added propane or other weight... changed tire pressure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpay1 View Post
    I have similar (2020 GMC) truck to yours but short bed. I also have the B&W companion. Hitch height seems to effect the chucking. When I picked up my trailer (31MB, 500 miles from home), I set the hitch height at the middle of 3 positions. I hooked up the trailer, and thought the trailer was ever so slightly nose high. Not wanting to change the setting at that time, I drove home 500 miles with zero chucking.

Wanting to make things perfect, I lowered the hitch one position to the lowest setting. The trailer looks perfectly level but to my surprise our next trip I experienced some mild chucking. What changed? 500 miles no chucking then changed the hitch height and now I have mild chucking. I will be changing the hitch back up one notch. Hopefully that takes care of it.
    Right now my hitch is out of the truck, but when I put it back in for my Florida trip, I will take off the puck covers and tighten the nuts after installing the hitch. I hope this will stop the clunk clunk when starting and stopping.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Malco, We did the exact trade as you. Had a 2019 2250RK and traded for a 2020 303RLS. Both RV's are nice just needed a little more room.
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234