User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your equipment (bottle jack or else) ? Change Tire while triple axles

I am new to triple axles and looking to buy the equipment for lifting tire up. I want to see the simple and saving time for changing the tire.

I have the jack bottle and Andersen camper leveler but I heard that leveler would not work for triple axles.

What equipment do you have?
    2021 Chevy 3500HD SRW (Quad BB-8)
    2021 Momentum 381M ( Moment-ium Falcon)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a power buit jack/jack stand combo. I've used it to replace my bearings and it had no trouble lifting one wheel at a time, fits right between the u bolts. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201109-184340_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	30611

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oppsss. I mean During emergency road.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you meant. I keep it with me for the purpose of a flat tire. You can also use the hydrualic leveling system in conjunction with it if you need a little extra room. I only mentioned the bearings since it does a good job lifting the wheel and I havent had a flat on this camper (knock on wood).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I am in the minority on this, but I use the leveling system to raise the RV. I know it is not recommended by GD but it works well. I expect their lack of a recommendation is for liability issues, not technical issues. When I had it off the axles for several days I did use jack stands just as a precaution but never really needed them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    I know I am in the minority on this, but I use the leveling system to raise the RV. I know it is not recommended by GD but it works well. I expect their lack of a recommendation is for liability issues, not technical issues. When I had it off the axles for several days I did use jack stands just as a precaution but never really needed them.
    I agree with the above. While not recommended, when one of my Westlakes blew, I was able to get to a nice large fairly level parking lot and used the 4 rear levelers to lift the rig. Lifted with no problem and in less than 10 minutes was back on the road. I also puchased a DeWalt 1/2 Lithium Impact and Snap On torque stick for just this situation. Made life very easy.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the Ford F-350 dually, it come with a hydraulic jack behind the back seat. It will lift one axle to change the tire.
    2020 Ford F350, 4:10, 2019 376TH, 2017 Harley Ultra Limited Low

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x3 for using the leveling system. Works great.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x4 for using leveling system, I add 4x4 block under each pad to get it completely off the ground. Works really good when on level and flat pad, but if the RV is on any kind of slope it would scare me.

But the original poster (op) specified emergency roadside, so to answer that half of the question I keep 2 bottle jacks in the box and a number of wood 4"x4"x12" blocks. Since I have a generator I also carry an electric impact wrench.

A ground sheet is a must in fire ant country... small shovel has come in handy also.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750