Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had outstanding performance with Dynapros on my last truck. When I bought it, I figured I’d be swapping them out pretty quickly, but they were a very good tire. Hauling 5 or 6K with no WD hitch much of the time, they lasted well and were decent tires both on the highway and pulling off into farm fields. At 65K I replaced them with a new set of the AT2s I liked them so much. 65K was well beyond what they should have been driven, but at the time I was using that truck for parts runs and short trips and had another farm truck available for towing and rainy days.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    What type of wear pattern are you seeing on your front tires, outter edge wear, feathering, cupping, center wearing? Determining what type of wear will help with a solution. For example, if your tires are wearing more in the center could be a combination of lack of front axle weight and/or over inflation.

As another poster stated, rotating your tires more frequently during the towing season will definitely assist to prolong your tire life.
    It is even wear across the tire.

2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 Ford Expedition

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Hate to say this but the Hankook Dynapros are junk. On my last Explorer they were 2/3's gone at 20K miles! Replaced them with Michelins and even swapped the Michelins to my '19 Explorer when I traded last year. They have 25K miles on them now and look great, will easily go 50-60K. I highly recommend you replace the Hankooks especially towing.
    I have 20K on them now and the rear tires show very little wear and look like they could easily go another 20-30K miles. The front look to be about 1/8 from the wear bars though. If I wasn't towing I think they would be pretty good tires.

2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 Ford Expedition

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsterling View Post
    I have 20K on them now and the rear tires show very little wear and look like they could easily go another 20-30K miles. The front look to be about 1/8 from the wear bars though. If I wasn't towing I think they would be pretty good tires.
    Good I'm glad you're getting decent mileage out of them. My experience has only been with the Explorer Hankooks and they're a different version of the same brand and they are terrible.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsterling View Post
    I tow an Imagine 2400BH with a 2019 Ford Expedition w/ HD Tow. I just changed over to my snow tires and noticed that my summer tires had worn significantly more in the front than the rear. I bought the car last fall so they pretty much only got significant mileage this last summer while towing.
    Is excessive front tire wear a sign of an over tight weight distribution hitch? My winter tires have even wear so I do not think it is an alignment issue.
    Do you not rotate your tires every 5000 miles?
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12