Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tow Rig

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice truck, what trailer behind me
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the GMC. We see a lot more of them in campgrounds. We have a 2018 and it rides like a dream and will pull anything you want. I have not added anything to the front or rear suspension and it handles my Solitude 310 just fine. We bought our's new and have only had 3 not very important recalls. The only thing we have added to our truck is axillary fuel tank and if I did it again I would spend the extra money and get the Transfer Flow. Although, there are a lot of good ones out there, it's just the one I bought is not one of them.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! We just bought the same rig -- minus the pointy lugs -- in black. First time owning a pickup and first time RVing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your going to love it, but where are your chrome recovery hooks in the front?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbaber View Post
    Congratulations on the GMC. We see a lot more of them in campgrounds. We have a 2018 and it rides like a dream and will pull anything you want. I have not added anything to the front or rear suspension and it handles my Solitude 310 just fine. We bought our's new and have only had 3 not very important recalls. The only thing we have added to our truck is axillary fuel tank and if I did it again I would spend the extra money and get the Transfer Flow. Although, there are a lot of good ones out there, it's just the one I bought is not one of them.
    We also just bought a 2020 GMC 3500HD dually in anticipation of early Spring delivery of our 310GK. Trading up from 2018 Honda Pilot and Coleman Bayside pop-up. Getting used to this "beast" is challenging enough without the rig behind us! Question for you is regarding your auxiliary diesel tank: You said if you could re-do you'd get the Transfer Flow. What did you get instead and why would you switch? We were recommended to get the TF, but are also considering the Titan as corrosion will never be an issue. Either way, opting for 50 gal. behind cab in bed. A LOT of money for the convenience of not having to refuel so often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12