User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS 22RBE Pantry Modification

The 22RBE has some nice drawers but no pantry. The drawers have a thin bottom so I was afraid to load them up with can/jar goods or other heavy pantry type of items. We have the drawers fairly full of other essentials so we felt we needed a pantry and found a nice spot for one. It fits in perfectly and is not in the way at all. Let me know what you think of the placement.

By the way - very sorry for the sideways pictures, they were not sideways on my computer, but they got turned when I uploaded them and I do not know how to turn them again. It seems you can just click on the pictures and you can see them in the correct orientation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22RBE No Pantry.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	837.5 KB 
ID:	30620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22RBE Pantry 1.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	556.2 KB 
ID:	30621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22RBE Pantry 2.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	860.6 KB 
ID:	30622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22RBE Pantry 3.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	948.6 KB 
ID:	30623
    Last edited by RussMc; 11-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real nice. Good job.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a XLS 22RBE also and waiting for the warm weather. Great Idea for the pantry. Wife asked how you attach it to the wall and did you order the cabinet or purchase it a big lot store?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks better than factory.
    Nice work.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made it ourselves out of pine and kept it fairly simple. The Kreg screw kit is amazing for this kind project. We made it so it had a strong back and then screwed thru the cabinet and thin trailer wall and then into the aluminum framing studs of the trailer. Just be real careful to us the right length screws so you only go thru the inside layer of the tubing and not all the way thru the camper wall. You can do the early morning dew trick to locate the studs on the outside and then carefully measure to determine where they are at from the inside, if that makes sense. I knew about where the studs were and was committed to mounting the cabinet so I was prepared to drill small test holes to be sure I had the stud. Any inadvertent extra test holes would be covered up by the cabinet so I was not worried, but I hit the studs accurately so all was good. We took the trim off from the right side of the door and made the cabinet so the height was perfect to fit right under the door header valance and mounted the cabinet tight against the door frame. You can use the trim piece to trim around the base if you feel it is needed. In any event it is more solid than anything else in the camper. Not a dig on GD, just real happy with how it came out. Good luck!
    Last edited by RussMc; 02-15-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info will give it a shot when weather warms