User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch plan for Reflection (s150) 260RD

We are trying to figure out what to do about a hitch for our F250 (gas 4x4 w/6.5' bed - no pucks) since my hubby will want to remove whatever we get when not camping (he's not a lumberjack or linebacker, lol) but since he hauls a good bit will want it outta there. I am hearing good things about the Andersen hitches but also folks mention noise. We don't have any experience with 5th wheelers but hubby is an excellent "backer-upper" of regular trailers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haul stuff a lot, look into getting B&W or Reese under bed rail system. Your hubby will be happy with no rails in the bed when the hitch is removed and he is hauling stuff.

I have the Reese under bed rail mount with a Reese Elite hitch. Also a Reese wedge that perfectly fits the reflection turning point box. So no need to get a heavy sliding hitch and break your back trying to remove it when not camping.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Anderson. So light and easy to remove. They have an ISR model if u don’t want to get a gooseneck ball installed

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Andersen Ultimate attached to a Curt Double Lock ball hitch. It really suits my needs in keeping bed weight down and ease of install and removal. I hang it on wall hooks in the shed when not in use. I think it adds to a smooth trailer tow experience as well. Take a look at my signature below.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I have an Andersen Ultimate attached to a Curt Double Lock ball hitch. It really suits my needs in keeping bed weight down and ease of install and removal. I hang it on wall hooks in the shed when not in use. I think it adds to a smooth trailer tow experience as well. Take a look at my signature below.
    Agree 1000%. Love my AUH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins