User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM/FM Radio Signal

I need to know how the 2 Radios in our GD379FL get their signal, I know it comes by way of the TV antenna,What I want NEED to know is HOW, Has I replaced the one that came with our unit with an Winegard Rayzar Air Amplified HD Antenna,,At this time I lost 3 of my FM stations, that I had before changing, to the new one. With the new one I get more TV OTA HD stations, Thanks for your help,,,,,
    Nelson & Susan
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    FT @ Orange Grove RV Park
    2015 GD379FL Solitude
    We Pull with 2016 RAM 3500 DRW, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins
    We are FTing and FT Work we have a few more years till we can travel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FM radio frequency spread is betweenTV channel 13 and 14, some antenna frequencies are touchy
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into upgrading our TV antenna with the rayzar or one of the other better antennas. Since the FM/AM signals come through the TV antenna I looked at the frequency ranges for the upgraded antennas. They did not receive the FM/AM range of frequencies so upgrading would cause the loss of AM/FM reception, I believe that the rayzar was one of the antennas that didn't receive the AM/FM frequencies. The only option was to upgrade the TV antenna and they add an antenna for the radio.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    I need to know how the 2 Radios in our GD379FL get their signal, I know it comes by way of the TV antenna,What I want NEED to know is HOW, Has I replaced the one that came with our unit with an Winegard Rayzar Air Amplified HD Antenna,,At this time I lost 3 of my FM stations, that I had before changing, to the new one. With the new one I get more TV OTA HD stations, Thanks for your help,,,,,
    Hi Nelson & Susan (@PolarBear),

Early models had a splitter behind the booster switch where we ran cable to the second TV and radio. New models have five (5) connectors on the back of the booster plate with a dedicated line to the radio.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes, what seems like progress really isn't.

The FM radio band lies between VHF analog TV channels 6 and 7. So until a few years ago, an antenna designed for the VHF TV frequencies (channels 2-13) would span the FM band as well. The UHF channels (14 and up) were usually received on a separate section of the same antenna, so one antenna would receive VHF TV, FM, and UHF TV.

To implement digital TV transmissions, the FCC decided to migrate all the VHF stations to UHF frequencies. In order not to confuse everyone, the stations could continue to identify as, for example, "Channel 4" (now called the virtual channel number), even though in fact they would really be transmitting on UHF channel 37. See www.tvfool.com for listings of real and virtual channel numbers.

Since UHF signals are generally weaker than VHF, higher gain antennas for UHF are needed. But since VHF antennas would soon not be needed (once the migration was completed), the antenna manufacturers decided to make UHF-only antennas. Unfortunately, reception of the FM band (since its located in the middle of the VHF TV band) was lost as well. When you upgraded to the Rayzar antenna, you probably got an antenna that's optimized for just the digital UHF channels. It will still receive FM signals, just not as well as antenna designed for VHF-TV/FM.

Dave
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yelp upgraded and it BIT me in the back side,,,,,need to see if I can come up with an work around thanks all,,,,,,,great site,,,,,,
    Nelson & Susan
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    FT @ Orange Grove RV Park
    2015 GD379FL Solitude
    We Pull with 2016 RAM 3500 DRW, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins
    We are FTing and FT Work we have a few more years till we can travel