User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback on 5th Wheel Covers

I just bought a fabric cover for my 5th Wheel since I don’t store it under cover. I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains often but the winters aren’t too unbearably cold. I just winterized the unit and expect the trailer cover to be delivered in a few days. Any helpful advice or feedback to offer before I install it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0859MY65C..._sjnRFb36XJ8NA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 SD Diesel, 6 3/4’ Box
    B&W Gooseneck ATU

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow-up on my 5th Wheel cover. The cover weighed about 80lbs and took a large dry space to unroll. Fortunately it was a dry day in the Pacific Northwest, so the weather was on my side. After sweeping off the roof and inspecting the roof, I pulled the “Front” end of the cover up the rear ladder and fished it up the middle of the roof avoiding the AC units, vent cover, etc. I pushed the driver’s side cover to the edge after I got the front cover center and in position. While on my hands and knees, I flipped the passenger side off the roof edge while I slowly crawled backwards making sure the cover did not get bound up on the AC’s, vents, roof drain and slide-out covers. As I neared the ladder, I unzipped the aft corners and dropped of the roof edge and made my way safely to the ground. I then tugged and adjusted the cover from the ground.

I purchased the extended height cover due to the two AC units. While the cover doesn’t look nearly as pretty as the photo on the RV advertisement, I did this myself without any help from my husband or a folding ladder. I advise installing this on all fours like I did since you can get tangled up in the fabric very easily and you can trip on roof utilities that become hidden dangers under the cover.

Ready for Winter, cheers!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0314.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	30805

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	30806

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	30807

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	30808

2019 Reflection 303RLS
    B&W Gooseneck ATU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJonesteam View Post
    Follow-up on my 5th Wheel cover. The cover weighed about 80lbs and took a large dry space to unroll. Fortunately it was a dry day in the Pacific Northwest, so the weather was on my side. After sweeping off the roof and inspecting the roof, I pulled the “Front” end of the cover up the rear ladder and fished it up the middle of the roof avoiding the AC units, vent cover, etc. I pushed the driver’s side cover to the edge after I got the front cover center and in position. While on my hands and knees, I flipped the passenger side off the roof edge while I slowly crawled backwards making sure the cover did not get bound up on the AC’s, vents, roof drain and slide-out covers. As I neared the ladder, I unzipped the aft corners and dropped of the roof edge and made my way safely to the ground. I then tugged and adjusted the cover from the ground.

I purchased the extended height cover due to the two AC units. While the cover doesn’t look nearly as pretty as the photo on the RV advertisement, I did this myself without any help from my husband or a folding ladder. I advise installing this on all fours like I did since you can get tangled up in the fabric very easily and you can trip on roof utilities that become hidden dangers under the cover.

Ready for Winter, cheers!

Name:	IMG_0314.jpg 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	30805

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	30806

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	30807

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	30808

Just curious to know how this cover worked out for you and if you have removed it yet? I too have the same issue of not being able to store my trailer in a covered area and would like to have something ready when it's time to put it to bed for the winter.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2017 GMC 3500 DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed my RV cover this last weekend since it was dry and warm out. The cover came off much easier than it did going on. I noticed the fabric had a small tear on the aft corner. It looks like the wind may have caused the excess fabric to rub against the roof drain. I purchased a plastic outdoor trash can to store the RV cover since I’d cause more damage trying to stuff it back into the bag it came in. The RV roof was clean underneath and no mildew was present. My cover has a fabric flaps over sewn-in mesh air vents, this kept moisture and bugs out. I live in Seattle where it rains constantly, so A+ on protecting my rig and keeping it dry. I hope this helps!

2019 Reflection 303RLS
    B&W Gooseneck ATU

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a cover for a trailer a few years ago and after about the third time installing it I finally got fed up and quit using it. It was just too much of a hassle to deal with. There just isn't any easy way to install and remove it. I finally tied a rope around the folded up cover, climbed up on the roof with the rope and pulled it up on the roof to unfold and cover the trailer. If it's windy or raining, forget it.
    I now have a new 5th wheel that sits uncovered and I wish there was an easy way to install a cover on it. I'm going to at least figure out a way to cover the front cap so it doesn't fade out from the summer time sun. Anyone know of a company that makes front cap covers?