Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slideouts

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideouts

Has anyone found the location of the slideout controllers for the 308BHTS? I have found two tucked away under the counter in my rear outdoor kitchen. I assume there are 3 in total for 3 slideouts, if so, then any idea where the other one might be?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No activity on this in the Reflection TT forum, so I moved it over to the Tech Forum to see what GDRV says.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The controllers you found are for the two Schwintek (in wall drive) slide outs...the kitchen slide and the bunkhouse slide. The main slide isn't a Schwintek so it doesn't have a controller.

Dave

EDIT: You should have a hand crank and a access hole on the door slide of the camper that will manually move the main slide.
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 03-12-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    The controllers you found are for the two Schwintek (in wall drive) slide outs...the kitchen slide and the bunkhouse slide. The main slide isn't a Schwintek so it doesn't have a controller.

Dave

EDIT: You should have a hand crank and a access hole on the door slide of the camper that will manually move the main slide.
    Thank You.

I do have the access hole on the main slide. So, if there is no controller, is the main slide just a hard wired motor? Seems odd to me that 2 would be one way, and the 3rd completely different.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not having the slide out drives all the same in very common as certain type are more suited in particular application, ie the Schwintek in wall slide drive is almost the standard now for the bedroom headboard slide as a conventional drive would use up a lot of space under the bed instead of storage. On our Reflection, the two main slides are conventional electric driven and the bedroom slide is Schwintek. In the Solitudes, the main slides are conventional hydraulic driven and the bedroom slide is Schwintek.

Have a look under your main slide and you can see most of the drive components other than the actual motor and gearbox which would be mounted in the underbelly. You should also have a manual for the conventional electric driven slide and the Schwintek with the camper.

Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not having the slide out drives all the same in very common as certain type are more suited in particular application, ie the Schwintek in wall slide drive is almost the standard now for the bedroom headboard slide as a conventional drive would use up a lot of space under the bed instead of storage. On our Reflection, the two main slides are conventional electric driven and the bedroom slide is Schwintek. In the Solitudes, the main slides are conventional hydraulic driven and the bedroom slide is Schwintek.

Have a look under your main slide and you can see most of the drive components other than the actual motor and gearbox which would be mounted in the underbelly. You should also have a manual for the conventional electric driven slide and the Schwintek with the camper.

Dave
    That makes sense. I was told at the dealer to make sure I always run my slides all the way out and all the way in, never half way in or out. This was due to the drive motors for each side getting out of sync. I assume this applies to both the direct drive and the Schwintek slides? My TT has the main slide for the living area, a smaller slide for the kitchen and slide for the rear bunkhouse, I do not have one for the main bedroom.

I see where you have a F250 V10, how well does it handle the 5th wheel? What type of MPG are you seeing while towing?

Thanks
    Brady

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    I see where you have a F250 V10, how well does it handle the 5th wheel? What type of MPG are you seeing while towing?
    The F250 V10 handles it fine...my truck has the Camper Package in which the rear suspension is the same as a F350. I never feel that it's under-powered though I've wished for the sophisticated exhaust brake now on late model diesels when towing in the mountains. I get pretty excited when the towing mileage gets over 8 mpg. A new diesel would be a nice upgrade but the cost of that buys lots of gasoline!

Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The F250 V10 handles it fine...my truck has the Camper Package in which the rear suspension is the same as a F350. I never feel that it's under-powered though I've wished for the sophisticated exhaust brake now on late model diesels when towing in the mountains. I get pretty excited when the towing mileage gets over 8 mpg. A new diesel would be a nice upgrade but the cost of that buys lots of gasoline!

Dave
    I really like my V10, I just hate the small gas tank that came with it (26 gallons). at 8mpg I spend ALOT of time at gas pumps. I have been unable to find a replacement gas tank that is larger. Are you one of the lucky ones with the 35 gallon tank?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    Are you one of the lucky ones with the 35 gallon tank?
    Not 35 gal...my stock tank is 118 L (31 gal). I understood that the RWD versions had the slightly larger tank. I usually fill every 200 miles...my tank usually needs emptying by then anyways!

Dave