User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2006 Ford F-350 SRW LB & RV

Hi!

Sooo after many years of tent camping, we are pulling the plug on a 5er.

Our 2006 Ford F-350 CC SRW LB 4x4 6.0 Diesel has been a great truck for us over the years. We have bumper pulled many things with no issues. We also have had the bed filled many times with dirt or gravel to bring home for yard work.

When we travel it’s our son, two labs, and us. So when my wife started looking at RVs, she says I want the pretty Solitude 310GK. Who doesn’t like a Solitude? 😜 I suggested don’t get two attached bc we should consider the other pretty ones, the Reflection 303RLS & 337RLS as well.

I’m pretty sure that the 303RLS & 337RLS would not be an issue towing, not sure of the 310GK.

Since I know longer have hair 😲, I can tell you I understand the pros and cons of SRW vs DRW. Thoughts on towing either one of the three without switching trucks? Does anyone else have a 1 ton SRW towing a 310GK?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1D5742AB-9EFB-44DA-A54E-448CCDAC0C9C.jpeg   35C94874-B076-4228-BB07-AA8E21B7DC10.jpeg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRider84 View Post
    Hi!

Sooo after many years of tent camping, we are pulling the plug on a 5er.

Our 2006 Ford F-350 CC SRW LB 4x4 6.0 Diesel has been a great truck for us over the years. We have bumper pulled many things with no issues. We also have had the bed filled many times with dirt or gravel to bring home for yard work.

When we travel it’s our son, two labs, and us. So when my wife started looking at RVs, she says I want the pretty Solitude 310GK. Who doesn’t like a Solitude?  I suggested don’t get two attached bc we should consider the other pretty ones, the Reflection 303RLS & 337RLS as well.

I’m pretty sure that the 303RLS & 337RLS would not be an issue towing, not sure of the 310GK.

Since I know longer have hair , I can tell you I understand the pros and cons of SRW vs DRW. Thoughts on towing either one of the three without switching trucks? Does anyone else have a 1 ton SRW towing a 310GK?
    This is an often asked (and discussed question) on the forum. Lots of people (including myself) have the 310GK and a mixture of SRW and DRW tow vehicles with (no surprise) different opinions. Type "310GK SRW" into the search box (upper right of every page), grab something to drink and start reading. Note: It is the pin weight that will be your limiting factor.

There is also an excellent thread going that has real world pin and axle weights from multiple models. Here is the link. Note: Please read the first post. This thread is strictly to report actual, measured weights, not for discussions.

Sorry to not just answer the question, but this exact trailer/TV combination has been discussed many times.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    This is an often asked (and discussed question) on the forum. Lots of people (including myself) have the 310GK and a mixture of SRW and DRW tow vehicles with (no surprise) different opinions. Type "310GK SRW" into the search box (upper right of every page), grab something to drink and start reading. Note: It is the pin weight that will be your limiting factor.

There is also an excellent thread going that has real world pin and axle weights from multiple models. Here is the link. Note: Please read the first post. This thread is strictly to report actual, measured weights, not for discussions.

Sorry to not just answer the question, but this exact trailer/TV combination has been discussed many times.

Chris
    Thanks for the information Chris.
    I figured I wasn’t using the search parameters correctly to find what I was looking for.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With absolutely NO disrespect intended, something else to keep in mind besides the yellow stickered payload number is the fact that your truck is 14 years old. That payload number was the number when the truck rolled off the assembly line 14 years ago. Is it still valid? That is the question you have to ask yourself, based on it's use over the years, how well it has been maintained over the years, and the overall general condition of the truck.....tires, springs, brakes, scheduled maintenance, shocks, bearings, etc, etc. Again, I have no idea how you maintain your vehicles, and you may very well have done all the maint. needed/called for....but....it is certainly something to think about, especially if you are going to be anywhere near the rated capacities of the truck.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    With absolutely NO disrespect intended, something else to keep in mind besides the yellow stickered payload number is the fact that your truck is 14 years old. That payload number was the number when the truck rolled off the assembly line 14 years ago. Is it still valid? That is the question you have to ask yourself, based on it's use over the years, how well it has been maintained over the years, and the overall general condition of the truck.....tires, springs, brakes, scheduled maintenance, shocks, bearings, etc, etc. Again, I have no idea how you maintain your vehicles, and you may very well have done all the maint. needed/called for....but....it is certainly something to think about, especially if you are going to be anywhere near the rated capacities of the truck.
    No disrespect taken. Funny thing about my truck though is the mileage is now at 94k. Say what? LOL Yes I use it and it’s my primary ride. As far as a maintenance I do most of the work unless I just feel I would rather have someone else do it.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRider84 View Post
    No disrespect taken. Funny thing about my truck though is the mileage is now at 94k. Say what? LOL Yes I use it and it’s my primary ride. As far as a maintenance I do most of the work unless I just feel I would rather have someone else do it.
    Wow, that is LOW mileage for a 2006. As a person that does your own maint on the truck, that likely means that you are pretty much aware of it's condition and what it needs or doesn't need. Thanks for the reply back and certainly.....good luck with finding exactly what you want and hopefully at a great price. We started camping pretty late in our lives (early 60s for both of us 4 years ago), but we enjoy it very, very much and it has become one of our most loved things to do. Keep us updated on what you decide.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Wow, that is LOW mileage for a 2006. As a person that does your own maint on the truck, that likely means that you are pretty much aware of it's condition and what it needs or doesn't need. Thanks for the reply back and certainly.....good luck with finding exactly what you want and hopefully at a great price. We started camping pretty late in our lives (early 60s for both of us 4 years ago), but we enjoy it very, very much and it has become one of our most loved things to do. Keep us updated on what you decide.
    We have been tent camping up until this year. Must be the old Army dog in me. So when I see any RV it’s all glamming to me. HA! Even though I no longer am in business for 10 years now here in California, I kept all my tools.

I also lucked out bc I purchased this truck a few years ago the original owner who is a retired Ford Service Manager now. He put all the initial mile on towing a 5er to build memories with his kids. Now they are all grown and they then sold the RV and then the F-350. It came wired for a fifth wheel and a Reese 15k hitch with 3,750 pin weight capacity.