User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW,
    Yes we can afford the combo. Our concern was primarily with not knowing the Splendide brand and whether it was a reliable and reputable machine. The dealership stated that they have been in top of the line motor coaches for years. I always find myself researching and asking questions of those who have the product to get accurate and non biased feedback. With that being said I truly appreciate your insight. How about the price point of $2400? Does that sound reasonable? Thank you for your response.

Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD CREWCAB SHORT BOX SRW DURAMAX
    UPSTATE NY

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    FT4NOW,
    Yes we can afford the combo. Our concern was primarily with not knowing the Splendide brand and whether it was a reliable and reputable machine. The dealership stated that they have been in top of the line motor coaches for years. I always find myself researching and asking questions of those who have the product to get accurate and non biased feedback. With that being said I truly appreciate your insight. How about the price point of $2400? Does that sound reasonable? Thank you for your response.

Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD CREWCAB SHORT BOX SRW DURAMAX
    UPSTATE NY
    That price only seems reasonable to me if it is separate washer and dryer units. I think I paid a little over $1000 for the combo unit (2100x) about 4 years ago, and installed it myself.

Either way, I would say Spendide is reliable, other people have installed household brands, like Samsung or LG and also have had good luck. We chose the Splendide specifically for the combo option, and it is very simple. I like the fact it doesnt have all the bells and whistles, less to break for something that will expierance a lot of vibration while driving down the road. It also has a self diagnostic mode that will flash the leds in various combinations to indicate a problem if there is one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve n Tami,
    Wow you have provided me so much great info it will take me a bit to digest ... with the help of my husband of course! The jury is still out on whether we will purchase the washer and dryer. Actually, $9 a week for laundry expense equates to 5.5yrs of laundromat visits. �� I don’t believe this unit has double pane windows but I will check. It certainly sound like the trailer has faired well with the exception of small fixes and that excites me. My husband purchased his truck with the towing a 5th in mind. It is a 2020 GMC 3500HD CC SHORTBOX SRW 4x4 6.6l Duramax with Allison 10 speed coupled to 3.42 gears (his contribution) to this response. Thank you again for your contribution to my decision making process. Knowledge is an asset when it comes to RV-ing!
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW
    YES, the units are separate. In the 3350 the washer hook up is on the right facing closet and of course dryer (vented) on the left. I concur, the simpler the better. I believe the newest models also have a winterization mode as I recall from my research. It sounds like you got a great deal. Thank you so much. Your input has been invaluable.

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Dear Openrange,
    You have indeed provided me with a lot of food for thought. I am of the belief that the trailer was only used a couple of times by the previous owner because of their truck situation. In fact the day we were there getting our trailer winterized and the hitch adjusted to our new truck, the trailer arrived. We were the first ones in it. I think this trailer is a later 2020model based on YouTube and GD videos. We would prefer the gas/electric RV fridge because we also do dry camping, with a Honda generator and solar panel. I need to pay Lowe’s a visit and look at apartment size machines with my trailer measurements in hand. I could potentially save a lot of money, although as another person stated $9/wk and an hour of time, $2400 equates to 5.5 years of visits to the laundromat. My husband likes the Trailair FlexAir as well which he says is made by the same company as MorRyde. MorRyde fits our budget better and now I have an idea what price to expect from dealer install. I am greatful for your tips and suggestions. I will be busy for the rest of the evening. Thank you so much!!

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY
    Last edited by Koda61; 11-15-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Koda61 FYI, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but I think the TrailAir is made by Lippert, not Morryde. I have a TrailAir Rotoflex which came with my trailer, works good enough for me where I didnt upgrade, but I would consider Morryde as an upgrade from what I have.

Also, the $9/week for laundry seems a bit low for an estimate unless you only do 2 loads of laundry per week. When we were living in the camper, we spent closer to $25/week at a laundromat, although we were a family of 5 when we were doing the laundromat trips. We ended up as a family of 6 by the time we no longer lived in the camper. I suppose, per person it comes out to $5/person/week, but my point is, think about how many loads of laundry you do per week and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Rob n Nikki,
    So sorry, I am a brand new forum member and between trying to navigate and and submit a question I guess I fell short of the required info. The S class is model 3350RL. The fridge is an RV 12 cu model. There are three sliders, a large, medium, and small one and the price to install was approx $2k. No specifics on brand. My husband says the pin box is standard and is going to have that changed as well to a Mor/Ryde $ ??. The dealership recommended Splendide washer/dryer @ approx $2500. We are also purchasing a Denver mattress @ $700. I believe they are also installing a Pullright hitch price not yet known. I believe that covers it. I hope this helps and thank you so much for responding, and I look forward to your response .
    Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD crew cab, short bed 4x4 Duramax
    UpState NY
    I'm in Southern California right now at a RV dealership near Temecula California. I just looked at a stripped down S class, It had no slight toppers no generator slightly worn interior and a standard 3 or 4" thick memory foam mattress and 1AC. The reason we are looking for an RV is because we want to sell our 2020 solitude front living, mid kitchen, rear master bath and bedroom model. And we were thinking on asking about $84,000 for it. The stripped down 2020 that we saw they were asking $93 and said there was only a little wiggle Room. Ours has just about every option on it including two ac's and 6 kW generator and all slide toppers as well as enough storage in the basement to haul my wife's 13' kayak and my 12 and a 1/2 foot paddle board. I am hoping to get in the low $80's for ours.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW
    YES, you are absolutely correct!!! I misunderstood my husband. He is currently leaning toward the MorRyde. He said it also works with Pullright. As far as the laundry situation goes, it is just my husband and I. He retires in Feb. so we plan on heading south if indeed we take the leap and purchase. So many details, fortunately with people like you and other respondents to this thread it is making a daunting task a whole lot easier with the wealth of info available on this forum. I really appreciate your time.

Annie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M.J.
    Thank you very much for providing me with an idea of what kind of pricing is out there on the S class. The local dealership unit is well appointed, although I wish it had a built in vacuum system like our Tracer. I hope you find a 5th wheel that suits you. Have you thought of trading yours in? Our local RV dealership wii give us top dollar toward the unit we are interested in. Tomorrow should bring more info and price negotiations for us. We will keep all that thoughtfully responded on this thread as to our choices and final outcome. Thank you

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $2400 installed for the pair is fair because they're regularly on sale for $1900 and you'll need the vent kit and it installed and then lugging them in. BTW - facing the closet the washer is to the left and dryer to the right in a 3350.

A central vac is easy enough to install, but oddly this time around my wife and I prefer the cordless stick Hoover I bought over the central we had in our prior two campers.

Regarding double pane windows, S-Class do not have them. It's one of the fundamental build differences between the Solitude and Solitude S-Class. Do make sure the dealer does the current recall on the unit to secure the propane line behind the fridge. Also, make sure you're getting a full bearing service in the deal because the grease seals on the hubdrums tend to let you down and throw grease all over the brakes!

You will want to make a suspension upgrade pretty soon into ownership with a MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle Kit so to get wet bolts at all pivot points and much stronger shackle plates. Lots of us have converted to disc brakes too.

Good luck with the negotiations!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast