User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geotex1,
    Thank you for the info on the Splendide pricing and install. We looked at so many trailers at the RV dealership that I may have confused the washer dryer hook up locations. We had central vacs on our two previous trailers as well, and they worked great. Rather than sweat the small stuff I can bring my portable/rechargeable Dyson. Thanks for the clarification on the windows. This particular unit had framed, not frameless so I thought perhaps they were double. Is the recall a manufacturers recall? Do they have to pull unit out or do they access the fridge line from the outside? Why are the bearing seals not a recall? Slinging grease on the brakes sounds like a safety issue. Does a full bearing service replace the seals? My husband said it has a MorRyde suspension so does the heavy duty improve the handling/ride characteristics? You mentioned disk brakes conversion, did you DIY? How much of an expense was that since we will have all these things addressed before we leave the lot with it! I do know that my husband put disk brakes (surge) on our boat trailer and the difference was incredible. I can see where things are starting to add up and it might almost be better to buy new!! Thanks for all of your input.

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Geotex1,
    Thank you for the info on the Splendide pricing and install. We looked at so many trailers at the RV dealership that I may have confused the washer dryer hook up locations. We had central vacs on our two previous trailers as well, and they worked great. Rather than sweat the small stuff I can bring my portable/rechargeable Dyson. Thanks for the clarification on the windows. This particular unit had framed, not frameless so I thought perhaps they were double. Is the recall a manufacturers recall? Do they have to pull unit out or do they access the fridge line from the outside? Why are the bearing seals not a recall? Slinging grease on the brakes sounds like a safety issue. Does a full bearing service replace the seals? My husband said it has a MorRyde suspension so does the heavy duty improve the handling/ride characteristics? You mentioned disk brakes conversion, did you DIY? How much of an expense was that since we will have all these things addressed before we leave the lot with it! I do know that my husband put disk brakes (surge) on our boat trailer and the difference was incredible. I can see where things are starting to add up and it might almost be better to buy new!! Thanks for all of your input.

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY
    Morning!

The gas line is a manufacturer's recall and it is handled easily through the exterior ventilation access.

As for the grease seals, it's an unfortunately common problem and can occur for different reasons. A full bearing service replaces them.

MORryde components were not standard from the factory in the model year. If between the axles you see a yellow-colored device, that is an Equa-Flex equalizer. Another difference between the Solitude and the Solitude S-Class is this difference. I recently rebuilt our suspension with a MORryde CRE3000 equalizer, heavy duty shackle kit, and X-factor braces. These items do improve ride quality somewhat, but really are safety and durability upgrades.

Discs brakes can be DIY. I highly recommend the kit from Performance Trailer Braking. It really is top-notch. I researched months before pulling the trigger. The kit is $2K. They also have a network of professional installers that come to you at your home or a campground for full installation and testing. I believe they are charging $1K for install. It is a better kit than the disc brake option from the factory because of a more robust anti-corrosion coating and ordinary GM brake pads available anywhere. You can also put the 8K hub-discs on 7K axles to get a much more robust outer bearing, which is a good thing.

By no means is this lifestyle inexpensive! Lol
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S-class can be ordered with double pane windows. Optional on both S-class and Solitude. We did not get double pane - our dealership tech person talked us out of it. We don’t full-time and have never had double pane windows in any camper. People that do get them swear by them.
    Last edited by openrangeowners; 11-17-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the S-Class has the option for double pane windows, they are framed windows and slide open vertical or horizontal. The full Solitude has frameless windows and they tilt open just at the bottom. Kind of now wish we had them in our S in this cold weather, would have made it a little bit better. They would help a lot in cold weather and some in real hot weather. We didn't think we needed them, famous last words, we would be wintering in warmer parts of the country, but older family member health problems dictate we spend a few months in the cold weather.

But still plenty of cold weather drafts getting in around the slide seals in windy weather. Were talking 25 to 35 mph winds, don't think any coach could totally stand up to those kind of winds without drafts. We do not have a major problem with condensation with our single panes, we keep a dehumidifier running. Our average humidity in the coach is 30% or lower.
    The frame, suspension, axles and insulation are all the same in the S and the full Solitude. However the full Solitude comes with the MORryde equalizer, the S Class comes with the Equalflex. The biggest difference is in the trim, some appliance options and hydraulic leveling and slides where as the S has electric slides and leveling. I believe all the full Solitude's now come with the MORryde pin box, S Class comes with the Lippert.

You got to look at them both to see what is really important to you.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Yes the S-Class has the option for double pane windows, they are framed windows and slide open vertical or horizontal. The full Solitude has frameless windows and they tilt open just at the bottom. Kind of now wish we had them in our S in this cold weather, would have made it a little bit better. They would help a lot in cold weather and some in real hot weather. We didn't think we needed them, famous last words, we would be wintering in warmer parts of the country, but older family member health problems dictate we spend a few months in the cold weather.

But still plenty of cold weather drafts getting in around the slide seals in windy weather. Were talking 25 to 35 mph winds, don't think any coach could totally stand up to those kind of winds without drafts. We do not have a major problem with condensation with our single panes, we keep a dehumidifier running. Our average humidity in the coach is 30% or lower.
    The frame, suspension, axles and insulation are all the same in the S and the full Solitude. However the full Solitude comes with the MORryde equalizer, the S Class comes with the Equalflex. The biggest difference is in the trim, some appliance options and hydraulic leveling and slides where as the S has electric slides and leveling. I believe all the full Solitude's now come with the MORryde pin box, S Class comes with the Lippert.

You got to look at them both to see what is really important to you.
    Our late 2021 S-Class has the MorRyde SRE 3000 equalizers like the Solitude. We also have a 15KBTU AC unit in the bedroom (not a 13.5k) probably due to COVID shortages and GD using what they have access to.

We have electric slides and landing gear - for me this is easier to troubleshoot and repair as a DIYer. Very reliable systems.

Having our Lippert pin box swapped out at the dealer was less than $1000 and highly recommended. Anyone need a Lippert pin box?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back to the used unit the OP is looking at, it does not have dual pane windows. I happen to know exactly how many 3350RLs were built in the final model year and how they were configured - it was a very small number. You learn a lot of details if you spend 3 weeks at the FSC and are a people person.

Because Annie is new and trying to condense learning about the 2020 S-Class 3350RL into a short span of time, let's provide some more clarity to help her avoid confusion.

The 3350RL is a discontinued floorplan and can no longer be ordered. Other S-Class models are obviously available, and yes you can get dual-pane windows with them. Also, all current production, whether Solitude or Solitude S-Class are receiving CRE3000 Equalizers as standard, they also now have wet bolts at all pivot locations, and the spring hangers are V-clipped. Air conditioners are going to be luck of the draw I think on any new unit. GD was reserving all Colemans for the Solitudes and Momentums, but on my last day in Middlebury I saw several Momentums roll out into the yard with Furrion air conditioners.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Our late 2021 S-Class has the MorRyde SRE 3000 equalizers like the Solitude. We also have a 15KBTU AC unit in the bedroom (not a 13.5k) probably due to COVID shortages and GD using what they have access to.

We have electric slides and landing gear - for me this is easier to troubleshoot and repair as a DIYer. Very reliable systems.

Having our Lippert pin box swapped out at the dealer was less than $1000 and highly recommended. Anyone need a Lippert pin box?
    You maybe correct about GD using what they have and shortages. Then again I don't know what changes they maybe making to standard builds since we bought our 2019 unit in late 2018. We like the electric slides and leveling also. We ended up taking the old Lippert stock pinbox to the metal scrapper.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we bought a used, 4 month old Solitude S class from a consignment lot a few months ago. ST3950 BH for $52,000 I saw the paper work where the original owner paid $69,000 for it
    We had a 2014 Big Sky Montana and there's some things on the Montana I wish we had on our Grand Design !!
    Good Luck !!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats wrong with the Lippert pin box?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Rob n Nikki,
    Thank you so much for all the info. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We have been a bit overwhelmed with price negotiations and the details. The dealership will take care of Frig. Recall. We also got them todo a full bearing service as part of the deal. Disc brakes for the future and we will make note of Performance Trailer Braking as opposed to system on ETrailer.com! My husband is at his wits end on the MorRyde CRE3000! Seems no one knows the wheel base 33/35 inch, or which shackle kit (2.25 or 31/8 “). If you happen to remember which equalizer and heavy duty shackle kit you got it would be most helpful. The cross bracing is another future item if we like and keep the trailer My husband already ordered the MorRyde pin box and capture plate for the Pullrite super glide 5th wheel. I am greatful for your research, as it lends itself nicely to my husbands. Thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving.

Annie n Leo
    UpState, NY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast