Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude S class pricing

Hello All
    I am in the market for a GD Solitude S class. I recently came across a used 2020 at an RV dealership. I was told it was traded in on a reflection 150, because it was to much for the purchasers truck. My first thought was why would the dealership allow them to purchase a trailer to big for their truck. Then the thought occurred to me that perhaps their asking price for the “trade in” was not a reasonable one. What should I consider as a good ball park jumping off price on the Solitude S class?? KBB suggests avg. retail is $64k. The trailer doesn’t have any extras that I can see ..... just a standard S class. Thanks in advance for everyone’s opinions and advice.

Annie

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annie, we'll need more information. Which model of S-Class? Residential or RV fridge? Slide toppers? Do know that used campers have been enjoying premium prices because of the instant availability when the factories have been so backed up.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob n Nikki,
    So sorry, I am a brand new forum member and between trying to navigate and and submit a question I guess I fell short of the required info. The S class is model 3350RL. The fridge is an RV 12 cu model. There are three sliders, a large, medium, and small one and the price to install was approx $2k. No specifics on brand. My husband says the pin box is standard and is going to have that changed as well to a Mor/Ryde $ ??. The dealership recommended Splendide washer/dryer @ approx $2500. We are also purchasing a Denver mattress @ $700. I believe they are also installing a Pullright hitch price not yet known. I believe that covers it. I hope this helps and thank you so much for responding, and I look forward to your response .
    Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD crew cab, short bed 4x4 Duramax
    UpState NY
    Last edited by Koda61; 11-15-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annie, first - welcome to the forum !
    2nd think twice about getting the washer/dryer combo . 2 seperate units make laundry day much easier and more efficient. We do not have either at the moment because there is no place in our 303 for one. BUT have had many conversations in RV park laundrymats with people that say they have the combo in their rigs but it is small and takes a long time for 1 load and hold if you are lucky 2 days of clothes for 2 people. If you don't mind doing laundry every other day then it's a non issue for you.

As for price,as said the market wild for any unit and just make the best deal you can if you really want it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again Annie! As you can see, my wife and I have the 3350RL thar we bought new. Toppers at $2K for the unit is about right given the two long slide and the lining room slide needing a very specific length. The standard pin box is a rough tow with a standard 5th wheel hitch for sure. We decided to go with a Goosebox conversion for several reasons. After living in Japan for a while and still returning for weeks at a time, I would never own a combination unit with condensing dryer... Quality of the wash and the are subpar! Plus, two separate units are better balance on the rig (streetside is +750lb heavier than curbside right out of the factory) and you don't lose the entire investment if one aspect or the other fails. Regarding the current retail book value, and knowing what we paid, it's high but we bought pre-pandemic.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, wow I wasn’t expecting you to respond so quickly. Actually the washer dryer combo are two separate units, and the dryer is vented to outside. I believe they are very light weight. Glad to hear they are in the right price range on the 3 toppers. I did go to NADA this morning and they seem to be a bit high ($3000)! Sounds like you got a great price on yours and I will assume you are very happy with your investment. We shall proceed cautiously and try to get a better deal....... after all it is off season �� Thank you for your insight.
    Best Regards
    Annie n Leo
    Ps. Got to figure out the signature block rather than typing it each time��

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy & Rob,
    First, thank you for the welcome! It is my first ever forum and a bit overwhelming. No worries though, because I would expect people to be like camping neighbors...absolutely delightful! Yes, my research on Splendide (made in Italy), washer and dryer vented outside trailer does indicate exactly what you said. Perhaps, we should try utilizing the RV parks laundromats first and consider getting the separate units later on which would take off $2500 (that’s a lot of laundry mat visits)��! Now I have to figure out the signature block.
    Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD crew cab short box SRW DURAMAX
    UPSTATE NY

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Koda61 we have the Splendide washer/dryer vented combo and used it twice a day while we lived in our Momentum for 3 years. It never had any issue and always got the clothes clean and dry. In our case it paid for itself in about 10 months compared to laundromat trips. Anytime we are camping with full hookups it's nice to be able to do laundry and not have to take time out of the day to visit a laundromat. If you can afford the washer and dryer in your budget, I would say go for it. Not to mention, some campground laundromats have had some questionable things laundered in there previously.
    By the way, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Rob n Nikki,
    So sorry, I am a brand new forum member and between trying to navigate and and submit a question I guess I fell short of the required info. The S class is model 3350RL. The fridge is an RV 12 cu model. There are three sliders, a large, medium, and small one and the price to install was approx $2k. No specifics on brand. My husband says the pin box is standard and is going to have that changed as well to a Mor/Ryde $ ??. The dealership recommended Splendide washer/dryer @ approx $2500. We are also purchasing a Denver mattress @ $700. I believe they are also installing a Pullright hitch price not yet known. I believe that covers it. I hope this helps and thank you so much for responding, and I look forward to your response .
    Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD crew cab, short bed 4x4 Duramax
    UpState NY
    Welcome aboard! We have the 3350RL also. Yes the MORryde pin box will help, we installed one also, we have a companion 5th wheel hitch and don't need a slider as you would with a short bed tow vehicle. I would tend to believe the dealership about why it was traded in, in that the 3350RL can be real heavy on the tow vehicle. Our pin weight is high since we fulltime and have a lot in our RV. See our weights in signature line.
    The 12 cu ft fridge will struggle to stay cold in the hot summer, ours works ok but in the summer months we have to keep tract it. We do not have washer/dryer, we didn't want them. We did not want to lose all the storage space in the closet that the washer dryer would take up. We do laundry once a week either at the RV resorts we stay at or retail laundry mats. We can have our total laundry done in 1 hour using the big washers and dryers at these places. Our cost for laundry is $9 per week, we are keeping track of our full time living costs.

We bought our 2019 3350RL new off the lot because we got 30% off the new price and got a decent trade-in for our old RV. At the moment we are staying in Northern Indiana in the colder weather. If we could change anything, it would be double pane windows and a residential fridge. We love our RV and researched a year before purchasing. So far the only things we have had to repair is the shelving in the pantry, replaced the 12V converter and the main propane regulator. Ran over some fairly rough interstates in Arkansas. The plastic shelving brackets broke in the pantry and the shelves collapsed. Quick trip to Menards and new metal brackets and all was well. The converter may have went out because of the rough roads. The propane regulator switching handle started leaking, we replaced it on our own.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 11-15-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a new 2021 S-2930RL - price was about 29% off MSRP. Ordered in June and received in September. Look at the options on the HD website - they give you costs for everything - that is MSRP - there is also the cost for transport to your dealer - my 29% off included that as well - off the MSRP (including destination). Only fees I paid were MD state tax 6% and tags (forget cost but was around what I expected). A 2020 may be 1.5 years old at this point since 2021 came out in April 2020.

Each year in August/Sept time frame lots of new features, changes and improvements are introduced - so knowing if you have a late 2020 (same as early 2020) or early 2020 (same as late 2019) might be helpful.

Ignore KBB unless it is a lot less than asking price, then use it to negotiate- otherwise get a price quote for ordering a brand new one and see what the difference is. Slide toppers are cheaper when factory-installed. Not a lot of options on the S-Class - most things are standard.

Do you want the 12cuft gas/electric RV fridge? The latest installs fix a lot of issues the earlier ones had - mine works perfectly. The residential fridge is large but may require a slide removal to service. Also it will drain your batteries quickly (standard batteries). Consider solar and lithium batteries if using a residential fridge.

Washer dryer is a personal decision- pros and cons - can also consider a $150-$200 portable apartment size washer and hang clothes to dry. Depends on your floor plan if this would work.

MorRyde pi box is awesome - was $1000 installed at our dealer. Can purchase from etrailer and install/swap out yourself.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast