User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Dear Rob n Nikki,
    Thank you so much for all the info. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We have been a bit overwhelmed with price negotiations and the details. The dealership will take care of Frig. Recall. We also got them todo a full bearing service as part of the deal. Disc brakes for the future and we will make note of Performance Trailer Braking as opposed to system on ETrailer.com! My husband is at his wits end on the MorRyde CRE3000! Seems no one knows the wheel base 33/35 inch, or which shackle kit (2.25 or 31/8 “). If you happen to remember which equalizer and heavy duty shackle kit you got it would be most helpful. The cross bracing is another future item if we like and keep the trailer My husband already ordered the MorRyde pin box and capture plate for the Pullrite super glide 5th wheel. I am greatful for your research, as it lends itself nicely to my husbands. Thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving.

Annie n Leo
    UpState, NY
    No-one? Nah. Just the wrong ones asked! Lol! You will need P/N CRE2-35 as the 3350RL has a 35" wheelbase and P/N UO12-016 for the shackles. The X-Factor brace that fits all 3 positions in UO21-003. If you need more confirmation, PM me and I'll put you in touch with the right folks at MORryde.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tami n Steve
    None of our previous trailers had double pane windows so I don’t think I will notice the difference. We are going to upgrade with the MorRyde equalizer and pin box. There seems to be a lot of consensus that the two will make a difference in ride. We hope that is the case. Thanks for your insight. I am sure we will love the S Class.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron n Nikki,
    You guys are the bomb. Leo n I truly appreciate all of your informative posts to this thread and the amount of info you have disseminated. It has indeed made clear to us all the extra little $$$ things we have to do. We are buying the MorRyde suspension kit and pin box and Pullrite adapter plate on line from Tweety’s at well below msrp. Got the dealership to agree to install for less than $1000. The salesman did say he believes both a/c units are 15kbtu. I am thinking we are on the right track, thanks to all that took interest and time to respond.

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob n Nikki,
    Wholly cow!!! I can’t begin to tell you how many calls he made to MorRyde, Lippert, and GD! This info is going to put a huge smile on his face when he comes in from deer hunting. OMG, I do believe he will be so excited he will call Tweety’s and place his order this evening. I don’t believe he will need to call MorRyde since you did better than their reps in customer service. I am still learning about this forum and don’t know how to PM or put the original post in a blue box at top of response .... hahaha. I hope to one day earn SENIOR MEMBER status like you!!! We are practically neighbors and were down in Ronks PA a few weeks ago at Florys trailer park for a week doing the Amish country. Thank you again for simplifying my husbands attempts to acquire accurate information you are truly a blessing.
    Respectfully,
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob n Nikki,
    Wholly cow!!! I can’t begin to tell you how many calls he made to MorRyde, Lippert, and GD! This info is going to put a huge smile on his face when he comes in from deer hunting. OMG, I do believe he will be so excited he will call Tweety’s and place his order this evening. I don’t believe he will need to call MorRyde since you did better than their reps in customer service. I am still learning about this forum and don’t know how to PM or put the original post in a blue box at top of response .... hahaha. I hope to one day earn SENIOR MEMBER status like you!!! We are practically neighbors and were down in Ronks PA a few weeks ago at Florys trailer park for a week doing the Amish country. Thank you again for simplifying my husbands attempts to acquire accurate information you are truly a blessing.
    Respectfully,
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY
    You're welcome!

We often stay at Flory's during harvest season.

To respond by first quoting the member, simply select "reply with quote" that is in the lower right corner of the user's post/response.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob n Nikki,
    One last question, did you install all three “X FACTOR” braces or just one at the center?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob n Nikki,
    One last question, did you install all three “X FACTOR” braces or just one at the center?
    I personally installed at all three positions, but middle and rear-most are must-dos IMO. Backing hard 90-degree turns puts tremendous stress on the rear spring hangers. You need only try to turntable the once in an empty parking lot while watching the wheels and all becomes completely clear.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Performance Trailer Braking

Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Morning!

The gas line is a manufacturer's recall and it is handled easily through the exterior ventilation access.

As for the grease seals, it's an unfortunately common problem and can occur for different reasons. A full bearing service replaces them.

MORryde components were not standard from the factory in the model year. If between the axles you see a yellow-colored device, that is an Equa-Flex equalizer. Another difference between the Solitude and the Solitude S-Class is this difference. I recently rebuilt our suspension with a MORryde CRE3000 equalizer, heavy duty shackle kit, and X-factor braces. These items do improve ride quality somewhat, but really are safety and durability upgrades.

Discs brakes can be DIY. I highly recommend the kit from Performance Trailer Braking. It really is top-notch. I researched months before pulling the trigger. The kit is $2K. They also have a network of professional installers that come to you at your home or a campground for full installation and testing. I believe they are charging $1K for install. It is a better kit than the disc brake option from the factory because of a more robust anti-corrosion coating and ordinary GM brake pads available anywhere. You can also put the 8K hub-discs on 7K axles to get a much more robust outer bearing, which is a good thing.

By no means is this lifestyle inexpensive! Lol
    Geotex1,
    Thank you for the info on the Splendide pricing and install. We looked at so many trailers at the RV dealership that I may have confused the washer dryer hook up locations. We had central vacs on our two previous trailers as well, and they worked great. Rather than sweat the small stuff I can bring my portable/rechargeable Dyson. Thanks for the clarification on the windows. This particular unit had framed, not frameless so I thought perhaps they were double. Is the recall a manufacturers recall? Do they have to pull unit out or do they access the fridge line from the outside? Why are the bearing seals not a recall? Slinging grease on the brakes sounds like a safety issue. Does a full bearing service replace the seals? My husband said it has a MorRyde suspension so does the heavy duty improve the handling/ride characteristics? You mentioned disk brakes conversion, did you DIY? How much of an expense was that since we will have all these things addressed before we leave the lot with it! I do know that my husband put disk brakes (surge) on our boat trailer and the difference was incredible. I can see where things are starting to add up and it might almost be better to buy new!! Thanks for all of your input.

Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY
    Rob n Nikki
    I hope you see this correspondence and are able to provide me with your contact info. I spoke with Mike Barnett and made arrangements to have their disk brake kit installed on our 2020 S-Class 3350. I told him I was referred by you on the GD FORUM. He stated that he would send you $50 and give me $50 off on the installation. I just have to get back to him with your name and mailing address. I appreciate all the sound advice you gave us as newbies on this site.
    Regards
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob n Nikki
    I hope you see this correspondence and are able to provide me with your contact info. I spoke with Mike Barnett and made arrangements to have their disk brake kit installed on our 2020 S-Class 3350. I told him I was referred by you on the GD FORUM. He stated that he would send you $50 and give me $50 off on the installation. I just have to get back to him with your name and mailing address. I appreciate all the sound advice you gave us as newbies on this site.
    Regards
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE NY
    Hello Annie n Leo!

Yep, I still monitor the board. Just not very active lately due to many demands on my time and with Soli hibernating with Mother Nature providing a serious winter! Great to hear you're set up with Mike and Kelly Barnett! Referral reward = fantastic! Reach out to me either by forum private message or send me an email at geotex1(at)yahoo(dot)com for my contact information.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tami n Steve
    None of our previous trailers had double pane windows so I don’t think I will notice the difference. We are going to upgrade with the MorRyde equalizer and pin box. There seems to be a lot of consensus that the two will make a difference in ride. We hope that is the case. Thanks for your insight. I am sure we will love the S Class.
    Just my advice but I would not jump in and just start replacing stuff right away. Some things yes, but I would test ride it out first before jumping in and wholesale scrap or significantly modify the suspension.

On double pane windows, when we were up in northern Indiana Oct -Dec 28 and now here in Galveston during the winter storm double pane windows sure would have been nice. Our single pane framed windows are ok in nice weather but when closed they leak air, the sliding glass seals (top, sides and bottom) does not fit very tight, maybe by design, So they leaked cold air really bad. Some of that shrink up window wrap stuff would have taken care of that. Of course they don't have it down here in Galveston because the never need it. Our single panes are OK and we suffered through with them. They leak hot air also but this isn't as bad as really cold air. If you have the option I would go ahead and do it. With the 3350RL CCC you have some to spare to get double pane windows.

MORryde pin box yes, Equalizer no - you will not notice any difference changing to a MORryde Equalizer.

For the equalizer, on our Imagine it had the hard mount so we upgraded it to the MORryde equalizer. Made a big difference. Our Solitude S has the LCI EquaFlex which is the same principle as the MORryde equalizer. Now you can debate which is better MORryde or EquaFlex but they both do the same thing. Right now I see no need to remove the EquaFlex and upgrade to the MORryde equalizer. When the EquaFlex needs replacing, just as the MORryde would also eventually, then yes I'll probably upgrade to a MORryde equalizer.
    Now for the MORryde HD shackles, absolutely, I replaced them as soon as I could. Our 2019 did not have greasable wet bolts in all locations of the suspension, while I had it apart I went ahead and replaced all the bronze bushings and wet bolts then saved some of the old ones as emergency spares. I regularly inspect the spring hangers and suspension on our 7000# axles and I see no problems yet. I also avoid jackknifing the crap out of the rig getting in and out of a site.

We did not upgrade to disc brakes, our drum brakes work fine, I keep them adjusted properly. Are disc brakes better? Absolutely, but right now I don't think we need them. If we ever buy a new RV and it has disc brakes, great. I am sure somebody is gonna say, one day you will wish you had disc brakes, well someday we might get hit by a bus crossing the street. We have had some panic stops and the drum brakes worked fine, but then again I do not tailgate the crap out of drivers ahead, and make damn sure someone turning in front of me gets completely out of my lane ahead before letting off the brake. Expect them to stop their turn and keep their butt hanging out in your drive lane. And we do not speed drive 75 mph + dodging in and out of traffic with our RV.
    It's too each his own with installing disc brakes.

Ok now all you disc brake installers can start launching your old drum brake hubs at me. LOL
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234