User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Trailer Owner Pre-Delivery Inspection document - v2.0

Several years ago, Tom Boles put together a well thought out PDI form. However, the last update that I could find for it was 2003. I was able to find a .doc copy of it and heavily modified it and reformatted it to make is easier to read and use. I will be using this checklist for my PDI when we go to pick up our new 2021 Reflection 320MKS.

Here is a list of changes I made to the checklist:
    1. Reformatted the table to have subdivisions within the major sections.
    2. Added checkboxes to make is easier to know where I am at... (Old age is catching up to me!)
    3. Added an Item Checklist at the beginning, so I remember to bring everything I would need to perform the PDI.
    4. In section 8 - Battery, added a little information on LiFePO batteries and the charger.
    5. In section 10 - Tires and Wheels, added a field to enter the PSI of the tires, and the proper torque of the lug nuts.
    6. In section 13 - Chassis Inspection, removed the sentence about jacking the trailer up and getting under it, this is not safe and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless they have the camper on jack stands.
    7. In section 29 - Fresh, Grey, and Black Tanks, added that the dealer might not let you fill all of the taks completely to check for leaks. I debated about just removing this item, but, it still holds some value.
    8. Added section 33 - Electric Fireplace
    9. In section 34 - Propane and Carbon Monoxide Alarms & Smoke Detector, added a field to note how many detectors there are, and where they are located.
    10. Added two pages at the end for notes.

I really recommend either making a copy of the PDI once you are done, one for the dealer and one for your records to make sure that everything you noted is fixed.

Anyhow, once I return from my PDI (in mid January), I might have updates to the checklist.

If anyone reviews it and sees things that can be added, removed, or changed, please let me know!

I am attaching it as a Word Document so it will remain editable for anyone who downloads it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Sterling Heights, Michigan/Long Key, Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great! Thank you so much! We have ordered and will take possession of a 2021 GD Reflection 297RSTS in May. This will be invaluable!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any document attached, or at least any way to download one. I'm logged in, and see the words "Attached Files" with a paper clip icon, but nothing is clickable. I'm brand new to this forum, so, perhaps I just am not seeing the right spot to click? I'm soon to be doing the walk-through with the dealer for my first Grand Design RV (gently used) and would like a detailed list to go through with them and to check out while I camp a day or two on the dealer's campground to ensure I use everything and know that everything works. Thanks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinenv View Post
    I don't see any document attached, or at least any way to download one. I'm logged in, and see the words "Attached Files" with a paper clip icon, but nothing is clickable. I'm brand new to this forum, so, perhaps I just am not seeing the right spot to click? I'm soon to be doing the walk-through with the dealer for my first Grand Design RV (gently used) and would like a detailed list to go through with them and to check out while I camp a day or two on the dealer's campground to ensure I use everything and know that everything works. Thanks.
    It's at the end of the first post, in-line. If you want to PM me your email address, I can email it to you.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assure you, there is no link available to download the attachment. I've seen other people's posts with attachments and they have been available to click to download or view. This page/post has no clickable link. I don't know why, but it's not there on my screen.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assure you, there is no link available to download the attachment. I've seen other people's posts with attachments and they have been available to click to download or view. This page/post has no clickable link. I don't know why, but it's not there on my screen.
    It's on my screen. I just downloaded it. It was below the last sentence of the original post from 11-14-2020. My only thought is check to see that you are logged in. Maybe you can only see downloads if you are logged in.
    2022 Solitude 380 FL-R
    2022 Ford F-450 Lariat

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, apparently people can't download the attachment in the OP. I'm going to attach it here, just in case.

PDI_V20.docx

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOTS of posts have been temporarily suspended while the mods work on sorting this mess out.

ya know - if you can't same something nice - maybe say nothing at all. We try to keep a nice forum and for some reason some new members aren't playing by the rules.

Please standby........

and thanks to the folks who reported some of the posts.......
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    LOTS of posts have been temporarily suspended while the mods work on sorting this mess out.

ya know - if you can't same something nice - maybe say nothing at all. We try to keep a nice forum and for some reason some new members aren't playing by the rules.

Please standby........

and thanks to the folks who reported some of the posts.......
    I don't understand what you are referencing here. I wasn't disrespectful to the OP, nor was the OP disrespectful to me. I stated a fact that the site wasn't allowing me to see the attachment.
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand what you are referencing here. I wasn't disrespectful to the OP, nor was the OP disrespectful to me. I stated a fact that the site wasn't allowing me to see the attachment.
    It wasn't you, it was subsequent posters that posted within the last week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast