Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raising the TV in my 303rls

Hey all,

I just got my awesome new 2021 303RLS.

One of the first mods I'm making is to install a sound bar to improve the sound of the TV.
    The sound bar I got (lowest profile one I could find) is just a little too tall to fit under the TV. So I want to raise the TV about 1/2" - 1" . The mount for the TCL looks like it doesn't have any height adjustment, so I think I'm going to have to unscrew the mount and remount it about 1" higher.

Questions:
    1. Am I correct that the mount doesn't have a height adjustment so I can just raise it without moving the mount?
    2. What's behind the mount that it's screwed into? Anyone know if it's a pair of vertical studs of some kind that will allow me to move the mount up 1 inch?

thanks
    Last edited by Cenerus; 11-14-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo Jesse & Anita,
    [I] laughed and shared your post with my wife. I just did the same mod 3 days ago! I swung the TV out away from the wall, took the 2 bolts (one on top, one on bottom) where the arm connects to the mounting bracket attached directly to the back of the TV and set the TV aside. Unscrewed the 4 phillip-head screws holding the plate to the wall. Measured 3/4" above the center of the 4 existing mounting holes and drilled 1/8" pilot holes. Reattached the plate to the wall, with help brought the TV in line with the arm and tightened her up. WORKED LIKE A CHAMP, SOLID MOUNT! Not sure if the studs go vertical or there is a mounting plate behind the wall, but is very sturdy. Looks like great minds think alike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo Jesse & Anita,
    [I] laughed and shared your post with my wife. I just did the same mod 3 days ago! I swung the TV out away from the wall, took the 2 bolts (one on top, one on bottom) where the arm connects to the mounting bracket attached directly to the back of the TV and set the TV aside. Unscrewed the 4 phillip-head screws holding the plate to the wall. Measured 3/4" above the center of the 4 existing mounting holes and drilled 1/8" pilot holes. Reattached the plate to the wall, with help brought the TV in line with the arm and tightened her up. WORKED LIKE A CHAMP, SOLID MOUNT! Not sure if the studs go vertical or there is a mounting plate behind the wall, but is very sturdy. Looks like great minds think alike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knarfone1 View Post
    Yo Jesse & Anita,
    Hey Knarfone1,

That's awesome that you did the same thing I did. I used a stud finder and it looks like there is a piece of plywood back there, so no real studs, just a big board. So it's hard to miss when you move the TV mount.

I did this so I could place a Vizio M21 sound bar under the TV. What did you put there?

Cheers,
    Jesse
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slid a Yamaha ATS-1080 sound bar underneath.