User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with Campers Inn maintenance experience?

The local Campers Inn (20 minutes from home) came back with some aggressive pricing. This particular Campers Inn has not had a good reputation in maintenance support, even for the units they sell. But they are all over so has anyone had good experiences with some of their other locations? I ask because I've seen some LazyDays reviews that were positive/negative based upon location. I know we'll have repairs and I'll handle what I can, but for major stuff I'd like a little dealership support or is to big an ask?

We'll be ordering before end of year and we have competitive pricing from other dealerships in NC, PA, VT. I've seen a number of posts saying that it really doesn't matter where you buy because getting repairs is painful unless GD gets involved. So, I've been concentrating on best price only. But curious on the repair side and what others think.
    Thanks,
    AJG

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Campers inn we bought from has a poor service department. It appears they could not care less whether you leave satisfied or not. They have plenty of work to do and you are just another number. Pretty common thru out the industry from what i have read

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finally switched servicing dealers after issues with purchasing campers inn dealer. High service department turnover, issues not resolved or not satisfactorily resolved. Sad bc delivery experience was great with tech spending hours with us doing PDI and changing queen bed to king.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could say I have experienced a different story but that is not the case. All these shops are loaded up with work and have been fixing junk for so long they have zero care about fixing "your" unit. Service is nonexistent in this industry. For anyone that claims they had an amazing service experience at a particular dealer, there is 5 people that had unexcusable service performed there.

In my opinion, Campers Inn has been just slightly better... When we took delivery in September the staff appeared to be worn out. Three different staff members in two different departments made comments about how busy and overworked they are.

After my walk-thru and test drive before I handed him a tip, (He was super professional) the technician said "Thank you for being so understanding. I have been running non stop 6 days a week with a new breed of 1st time campers that just can't understand, We didn't manufacture it, I only fix them. Look out in that lot over there they all got something wrong with them and people spent alot of hard earned money on each one of them!"

It's not right... the industry continues to grow and customers continue to deal with subpar service. Somehow it just doesn't seem fair.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant119 View Post
    I wish I could say I have experienced a different story but that is not the case. All these shops are loaded up with work and have been fixing junk for so long they have zero care about fixing "your" unit. Service is nonexistent in this industry. For anyone that claims they had an amazing service experience at a particular dealer, there is 5 people that had unexcusable service performed there.

In my opinion, Campers Inn has been just slightly better... When we took delivery in September the staff appeared to be worn out. Three different staff members in two different departments made comments about how busy and overworked they are.

After my walk-thru and test drive before I handed him a tip, (He was super professional) the technician said "Thank you for being so understanding. I have been running non stop 6 days a week with a new breed of 1st time campers that just can't understand, We didn't manufacture it, I only fix them. Look out in that lot over there they all got something wrong with them and people spent alot of hard earned money on each one of them!"

It's not right... the industry continues to grow and customers continue to deal with subpar service. Somehow it just doesn't seem fair.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I agree with you 100%. But why would any industry change if they are selling more units than they can produce? The manufacturers and the dealers are making good profits right now. Folks complain (for a good reason) about poor manufacturing quality and no support from the dealers service department, yet they continue to buy.

I would like to think that in a few years when sales are not near what they are now, that pressure will be on the manufacturers to improve the trailers in order to get business. Ain't gonna happen. My feeling is they will continue to build at the cheapest cost in order to sell them at a low price everyone can afford. Dealers will continue to tell the customer what they want to hear. And the RV business will go on just like it is now.

And to the OP: Remember your warranty is basically one year. After that your selling dealer really doesn't make any difference. If you can buy from a certain dealer and save $1000, you can then use that money to pay for a repair from any reputable service department.
    Last edited by dryfly; 11-16-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK