User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back Up/Observation Camera

I want to install a back up camera/observation camera on our new 320G. It is pre wired. Question: Are back up cameras and observation cameras one in the same now? I want a camera that stays on while we are traveling and to use for backing.
    Also should I look at a wireless unit or go with a wired unit as the camper is pre wired? Any pro's and con's for one over the other.

Thank You.
    Gary & Vickie
    2021 Momentum 320G
    2019 Ford F-450 Turbo Diesel Lariat

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pre wiring is usually only for the power side.
    They are not all observation cameras.....still have to make sure. Some only come on when the rig is backing up.

Check out the haloview cameras if you want to get something that is not furrion and a good bit less expensive.

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 cc 4x4 6.4l gas short bed
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Furrion and it's wireless (bluetooth) and works fine on our 30 ft TT. It's got maybe a 1/2 second delay (estimated).
    It's powered via the trailer's running lights, so you'll have to have the truck's lights on while you tow.
    NOT with the light switch in "auto" but with the actual parking or running lights on.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubVet#580 View Post
    I want to install a back up camera/observation camera on our new 320G. It is pre wired. Question: Are back up cameras and observation cameras one in the same now? I want a camera that stays on while we are traveling and to use for backing.
    Also should I look at a wireless unit or go with a wired unit as the camper is pre wired? Any pro's and con's for one over the other.

Thank You.
    Furrion here. Not much to add.... others covered your questions. Observation feature allows you to see cars in back of the rig, making lane changes easier and safer. I thought I would use it more for backing. Helpful but still use DW as spotter and communicate over smart phone. Built-in mic on Furrion would be helpful for most people using spotter, but i don't hear well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion observation cams are excellent in my opinion. Install was faster than unboxing the camera. As noted it is an observation cam, on all the time as long as the marker lights are on. Well worth the price.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    The Furrion observation cams are excellent in my opinion. Install was faster than unboxing the camera. As noted it is an observation cam, on all the time as long as the marker lights are on. Well worth the price.
    I agree on the Furion. Yes it is pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. My only complaint would be the occasional lag or freeze in display when going down the highway at speed. I attribute that to the length of my TT (41’) and speed (65-70).
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Furrion Vision S 7 and at first I couldn't figure out why nothing worked during install until the light (pun intended) went on and it became clear that the lights had to be on to use the system. That actually took me by surprise until I went back to review all the YouTube videos I'd watched during my research and sure enough everyone of them says something about lights needing to be on. it's a little disappointing that I missed it. I always left my lights in Auto. Now I have to think about it. This is the one down side of this, IMO