User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May want to take a look at Generac. We have this model and it will run the AC just fine, with ez start. I emailed them before we bought and they claimed made in USA. Got the box and it says made in cheena. Tried it and it works, so we kept it.
    https://www.generac.com/all-products...series/gp3000i
    And it you want to run on propane you could add the aftermarket snorkel gizmo. I haven't got that yet..

edit: http://www.micro-air.com/products_ea...r_microair.cfm

https://motorsnorkel.com/product/mot...onversion-kit/
    Last edited by BigSwick; 11-16-2020 at 03:14 AM.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always have our generator with us in the Momentum.........oh yeah, it comes with a built in one.

BTW.....have a 8000W Dewalt "portable" generator for the house......like said earlier.....was a Boy Scout......Be Prepared
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justforkicks View Post
    Attachment 30698

Never leave home without it.

Honda 3500I
    Is that a rack made for scooters?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been hauling a predator 3500 around for years and haven't had to use it one time. Purchased the new Momentum in June and first trip out campground blew transformer. It was nice having it.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    May want to take a look at Generac. We have this model and it will run the AC just fine, with ez start. I emailed them before we bought and they claimed made in USA. Got the box and it says made in cheena. Tried it and it works, so we kept it.
    https://www.generac.com/all-products...series/gp3000i
    And it you want to run on propane you could add the aftermarket snorkel gizmo. I haven't got that yet..

edit: http://www.micro-air.com/products_ea...r_microair.cfm

https://motorsnorkel.com/product/mot...onversion-kit/
    What dB level is it? How loud is it? It doesn't list it in the specs.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    Was going to get the Westinghouse, but reviews of their service kinda sucked, plus if there is a problem Onan service is a little closer to me.

They are identical & the W. is about $100 less.
    Would have liked to get the dual fuel but the wait for the gas is long enough.
    With all the hurricanes, storms and west coast wildfire power losses, then add the huge increase in RV sales, I suppose several generator brands might be on back order. Although when we were at CW in Indianapolis they had what looked like several Champion generators.

Originally I had looked into Cummins Onan 4500, Westinghouse i4500, Honda and Champion brands trying to keep the weight to @ 100# so us older people could man handle it. There are several U-tubes on these and examples of the noise generated by them. In our case it would be totally an extreme backup in case of extended power loss at campgrounds and surrounding areas. Seemed to me at the time that $1000 for strictly a backup was an unnecessary expense. We could survive on the rv battery, propane and as back up tow vehicle batteries (2).

BTW, did the thread title that way on purpose, "You know what I told you about buying a generator, see I was right!"
    Last edited by Steven@147; 11-17-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    What dB level is it? How loud is it? It doesn't list it in the specs.

Red
    From the Generac website:

Generac does not publish sound data for its portable generators, as there is no industry standard for measuring sound levels with a portable generator.

From me: it is very quiet, but I don't have any other brands to compare it to.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are thinking about getting the Predator 3500, really quite. What do you think any recommendations? We want to be able to run the A/C if the power goes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    We are thinking about getting the Predator 3500, really quite. What do you think any recommendations? We want to be able to run the A/C if the power goes out.
    Being new to the world of generators/inverters, we were reluctant to go “all in” on our first purchase. After months of checking specs and reviews, we decided to roll the dice on the Predator 3500. Though the reviews were overwhelmingly positive (which influenced us to purchase it), it still exceeded our expectations, especially for the price we paid ($649 on sale, with coupons, special discounts, etc.).

We’ve only tried running one A/C at a time with it, along with every light, the TV, and the fridge going, and it handled the load with no problem whatsoever. We didn’t try running both A/Cs simultaneously, as we’ve never needed them both running at the same time, even when using shore power (they’re too loud and too cold in our 2017 Imagine 2950RL). We then experimented with various lights, the microwave, the fridge, and other normal (for us) combinations of appliances and fixture loads. No problem. I was too chicken to keep pushing the load just to see how much load it could take before failure... and anyway, dear wife would kill me if I screwed the thing up just playing around.��

Anyway, we’ve only had it for just under a year, but the performance has been great, and exactly what most of the reviewers on YouTube have shared, including those doing their product review after 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years of use. We followed the break in and maintenance procedures to the letter, and we’re really happy with the purchase so far.

What’s really stuck with me was the feedback from one of my buddies with far more generator knowledge than I, after he checked out my Predator in action. It knocked it out of the park on performance and how quiet it was. For our frequency of TT use, we’re glad we took a chance on the Predator 3500.
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please consider the sound level in whatever you get, folks. Even if you only intend to run your genset in an "emergency" the noise levels will matter to you more than you may know now and -- I promise you -- will matter to your neighbors even more. A cheap contractor grade genset instantly noise pollutes an entire campground.

We run dual Yamaha EF2000is inverter generators and love them. With the parallel kit I can run one of our AC units easily. I chose that strategy since they are individually light and easy to manage where a larger 3500 or comparable would be a challenge for my old back! Besides, if you don't need AC then much of what you need can be done with just one.

The Yamaha and Honda gensets are the traditional gold standards but I have been impressed with Harbor Freight's Predator line of inverter gensets and would not hesitate to try them in the future. Their 2000W inverter is currently on sale for $449.99 ($75/mo 0% interest) and they have a very nice parallel kit if you decide to double up for more power.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-W...wgetcpns110120
    Last edited by LawDawg; 11-22-2020 at 06:24 AM. Reason: added additional information
    2019 GMC 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast