User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Know Campground Lost Power

Setting here in Northern Indiana in the cold, weather front moving in, this morning winds 20mph, gusts 30-40mph, the RV is wiggling a little now and then. BAM, the AC power goes out in the campground. Reports are a tree fell across power lines some miles away. Water also shuts off because the campground is on a water well. Power company reports power will be restored in approx 4-5 hours. No panic in the cold weather but told the wife we go into power conservation mode right now just to be on the safe side!

We have 1/3 full fresh water on board, full propane tanks and a good battery, we can last a long while before the battery goes! If needs be we'll plug the truck into the RV for more power. She said, "See I told you we should have gotten a generator"! Wont be able to live that down!
    Lowered the furnace temp down to 65* to help conserve power running the furnace. Will switch over the fridge to propane if needs be but maybe not since its cold out and it doesn't run much. Don't need lights after daylight, water pump wont use that much power, don't need hot water right now.

Well they got the power back on in 2 hours and 40 minutes. Wife says, "Well you gonna give in, what happens if temp is in the 20s and we lose power again?"
    I may have to give in.
    Of the three inverter generator brands I had looked at several months ago when she urged me to get one, and I said we didn't need one,,,,,I still like the Cummins Onan P4500i inverter generator. Looks like a generator maybe in our future!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Setting here in Northern Indiana in the cold, weather front moving in, this morning winds 20mph, gusts 30-40mph, the RV is wiggling a little now and then. BAM, the AC power goes out in the campground. Reports are a tree fell across power lines some miles away. Water also shuts off because the campground is on a water well. Power company reports power will be restored in approx 4-5 hours. No panic in the cold weather but told the wife we go into power conservation mode right now just to be on the safe side!

We have 1/3 full fresh water on board, full propane tanks and a good battery, we can last a long while before the battery goes! If needs be we'll plug the truck into the RV for more power. She said, "See I told you we should have gotten a generator"! Wont be able to live that down!
    Lowered the furnace temp down to 65* to help conserve power running the furnace. Will switch over the fridge to propane if needs be but maybe not since its cold out and it doesn't run much. Don't need lights after daylight, water pump wont use that much power, don't need hot water right now.

Well they got the power back on in 2 hours and 40 minutes. Wife says, "Well you gonna give in, what happens if temp is in the 20s and we lose power again?"
    I may have to give in.
    Of the three inverter generator brands I had looked at several months ago when she urged me to get one, and I said we didn't need one,,,,,I still like the Cummins Onan P4500i inverter generator. Looks like a generator maybe in our future!

Sounds familiar. On our way to Florida we stopped in South Carolina for a week. Tropical storm came though knocking out power. Our bad part was our batteries were not doing well either. In one day we had to hook up the truck to charge them up. It wasn't too cold out at least and we didn't need to use a lot of power. Rest of the way down here I kept hearing couldn't bring the generator like like she asked me too. Then we had hurricane eta come through and heard it some more. Still haven't been able to replace the batteries yet as I am on a 15# weight limit due to my surgery. Got lucky and didn't loose power in Florida.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always carry our Yamaha 2000 W with us, even tho we seldom boondock. We lost power in Oregon during the summer, didn't need it, but nice to have it just in case.
    Have an Onan 4500 on order since last September...still waiting on it.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I always carry our Yamaha 2000 W with us, even tho we seldom boondock. We lost power in Oregon during the summer, didn't need it, but nice to have it just in case.
    Have an Onan 4500 on order since last September...still waiting on it.
    Yeah, thats what I saw they are on back order but read one site that they are supposed to start shipping late november. Looks like the westinghouse igen4500is a knock off, just a different color.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add insult to injury we have a solar panel we use when dry camping. Left that at home too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pack a Honda 2000i for emergencies. You never know what will happen and I was a Boy Scout.

Be Prepared. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westinghouse 4500df
    Dual fuel.....propane or gas
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31300DC2-E1A2-4FD6-AB58-93530BF8BA3C.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	30698

Never leave home without it.

Honda 3500I

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thats what I saw they are on back order but read one site that they are supposed to start shipping late november. Looks like the westinghouse igen4500is a knock off, just a different color.
    Was going to get the Westinghouse, but reviews of their service kinda sucked, plus if there is a problem Onan service is a little closer to me.

They are identical & the W. is about $100 less.
    Would have liked to get the dual fuel but the wait for the gas is long enough.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Onan is a nice looking unit. Champion is another option if you don’t feel like you have to go all the way to 4500. I think their dual fuel inverters are 3400/3500 (we have a 3500). I can vouch for their customer service being excellent - they overnighted a new battery for us when ours died for the electric start, even though I could still start it np with the pull cord. And the person I dealt with was in Canada.

In any case, glad they got the power back on quickly. The worst part is waiting and not knowing.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast