User Tag List

Thread: Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2500RL

We didn't plan on buying another trailer . . . sound familiar? We've owned a few - 1997 Mallard 5th, 2001 Terry Prowler, 2006 Weekend Warrior 40' toyhauler 5th, and decided that was enough. Fast forward 10 years to COVID, and we started looking at trailers again. Needed to be smaller, something the 2019 Ranger FX4 supercrew could tow. Bought one in Spokane, but before we left the dealership, the wife saw a 2020 Nash 22H in the showroom and fell in love with it. So we tore up the first contract and bought the Nash. Two weeks later we drove up to get it - I installed a Hensley Arrow hitch and away we went. On the 10 hour trip home it was obvious that while the truck could pull it, it was too small and too light. Traded it for a 2020 F150 FX4 the next day. Then I began to see issues with the design - too numerous to mention. I could modify or replace everything except the full size mattress - literature said it was a queen bed. Last week we traded it in for a 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL, our 3rd new trailer in 3 months. It's 5' longer than the Nash but the F150 now has Firestone air bags, Helwig's front and rear, and Falken Wilderness A/T3Ws, and handles it fine.

Yes there are a few mods I'm considering - the OEM roof fans will be replaced with full size fans, with MaxxAir vent covers, 40# propane tanks, a 2nd battery, solar on the roof if a connection is there, observation camera, slide out storage drawers under dinette and one side of the front storage, and of course a slide topper. I don't like the Jensen DVD (it'd probably help if I could figure out how to make it work), have a Sony bluray I'll wire in. Circuit breaker protector install will be my first mod, have to move the recliners and open the cabinet, hoping there's enough room there for it. A weBoost is on the list too.

I like the manual that came with it, but am disappointed that no info is available on what equip it's set up for ie TPMS, what's pre-wired, etc. I have an aversion to letting dealers install things, I've never been happy with how they do things, so hopefully I can find that in this forum. The reading lights will be changed to white, ours are blue only. One thing I've learned over the years is there is no rig that has everything you want, and the trick is to get one that can be modified to your liking. It'll sit for the winter, looking forward to a shake down trip in the spring.
    Last edited by mbergthold; 11-15-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: forgot topper

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your reading lights again. They should be 2 stage. Should change from to blue to white.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is once you modify it to your liking, that's when you're looking for the next one.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are!! I took the word of the dealer guy who gave me the walk thru. Checked it out several days ago, glad he was wrong!
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE we added a Leer shell to the F150, did a weight calc, and had 20#s to spare. So back to Courtesy Ford/Portland to order a 2021 F350Lariat 4x crew SB SRW w/Camper pkg. love the truck, one of last to get Costco pricing on a Superduty there.

Scaled back on mods to 2500, will hold on dump replumb until/if a cable breaks, & not adding solar. Have parts to add Toronado turbos to all 3 holding tanks, rear bumper supports & receiver for a bike rack, gutter (to extend), cap light remote switch. Have installed RoadArmor suspension, Z-brace, Carlisle 225/75R15, 3 MaxFans w/covers & bug screens, Hughes AutoFormer (in-line plugs, bottom right of TV cabinet, fully articulating TV arm, Sony BluRay player, coat hooks, double towel rack, bug screens for frig/water heater/furnace, rear camera/TPMS (Ford integrated w/truck), paper towel & napkin holders, etc. prior to next trip in Aug23, will change propane to 30#ers.